Wondering where is closest junk yard

Ok so I recently realized that a junk yard would be a good place to get some odds and ends my car needs.

I am new to the Albany area. Anyone know of any junk yard around here and possible hours?

(and what to do once I get there) lol

Port of albany for gettting rid of stuff but theres alot around if your looking for parts

williams (overpriced)
Lake auto rt146

PJB seems to be a expert on this subject :lol

williams overpriced… supply and demand rules the world man.

Joe is a asshole plain and simple. its not supply and demand.

thanks for the locations. Are these all within the Albany area? And you think I can just show up to one and ask the guy there? I’ve never been to a junk yard before.

ps: yes I need it to buy stuff. Not sell

I googled Lake Auto and it says Ballston Lake is that the right one?
And WIlliams says Schenectady right?

Williams seems closer as of right now. Any ideas what kind of stuff a junkyard would carry. I have never been to one. Mostly electrical or physical?

The guy there is a prick before price even comes into play. I won’t go back there.

I think Lake auto is closed

So williams is a dick and lake auto is closed. Any other ideas? Lol

I just need some simple parts :frowning:

There was one in Ballston Spa that was huge. It was called Ed Loyas I believe if you look that up. I bought stuff from there for a good price

Last time I passed by Lake Auto it appeared to be open. Loya’s is alright, it’s on Greenfield Ave in Ballston Spa, phone# 885-5977

Thanks. I didnt want to go all the way to Ballston Spa but if I can get a good deal sure I’ll go. :smiley:

THanks guys. If anyone else has any others in mind please let me know.

what kind of car do you have, and what odd’s and ends?? maybe someone on here has parts/car you are needing things from

another +1 for williams being full of assholes and way overpriced

Agreed, im sure someone has something you need haha

lake is still open , williams has mostly old shit , loyas is a good yard , jerry browns is the best your gonna fins though

Not many pull it yourself yards left around here. Williams sometimes lets you in but like the other guys said theyre overpriced. Lake is often overpriced too.
Sunshine in Rotterdam Junction has mainly old shit but lets you pull parts most of the time. The owner is very odd though.

Try these for late model parts:
www.kneersauto.com
www.cahillsgarage.com
www.jbap.com
www.cornellsusedautoparts.com

Loya’s is good too but their website doesnt work.

I am looking for a simple (push-open) single din cup holder to fit into a standard radio slot. Mustang has TERRIBLE placement when it comes to cupholders. Right next to stickshift. I cant put cups there cause thats where my hand goes. I dont need a stock mustang cup holder (I dont think there are any) I just need any standard single din cup holder that I can push open and closed (planning to put it where my current stereo is so it stands ABOVE the stick shift and move my stereo down to the “free space” right behind the stick.

What year Mustang do you have?

Atleast you have cupholders. My '92 doesnt have one in the entire car.

lake auto is open…

99… The cup holders are litereally useless. One of them I cant use because in second and fourth gear the stick clearly hits the cup and the other one alittle behind it is useless becaues my elbow goes there when shifting.