Any E46 3-series owners here?

Whoa whoa whoa there ant… I like G’s as much as the next guy but take it easy on the BMW bullshit there buddy.

Marginal gas milage differance’s, a normally driven 3 series will get 8l/100km… I’ve seen your posts you get nowhere NEAR that.

Fragile? ROFL are you kdding me?!?! These things are tanks and over engineered to the Unf degree.

Parts for the most part are actaully QUITE cheap if you don’t buy from the dealership.

My oem oil filters are $4/ea, compelte brake job under $450 tax in with Hawk Pads and brembo rotors… you can’t touch that :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and PS… the “M-Sport” package doesn’t do a damn thing for handling, its all cosmetic modifications. And yes it will still whoops the G on a track. The coupe does get a slightly lower stance then the sedan though.

Whats the 1/4 mile time on a G anyways? My 3 series coupe runs about a 14.6? I know they have gobs more power so I would expect a low 14 or so? I was beating on a G sedan last time I was there but maybe he just can’t drive?!

Not the mention the PHENOMINAL traction control offered with the 3 series.

Interior room I find is good, you can comfortably fit 4 6’ 200LB guys in my car with out any complains or comfort issues, and thats in the 2 door.

Sorry Ant, your not gonna win this one on those factors.

The G coupe is one sexy sexy beast though. <3

If you are going to listen to both Antonio and Dustin’s opinions, keep in mind that they are both defending a car in which they drive. So it’s biased.

It’s going to become a KA-T vs SR thread.

Bahaha

Mark, no it isn’t. In the KAT vs SR scenario there is a clear winner.

And atleast I’ve driven the car’s that I defend. Unlike some people I know…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

G vs 3 series is a choice in taste for most people.

My choice was based on affordability. I could drive a loaded 3 for cheaper then a loaded G. And who wants to drive a G that isn’t a 6MT coupe with the Brembo’s upfront. Really now.

Well, I’ll admit I don’t know much about the BMW’s, but everyone that I had spoken with when I was picking a car steered me away from them. I was looking at a 330ci as well, and everything I read said that I’ll spend a lot of time at the dealer getting things fixed.

One random bit though, my coupe didn’t come with the Brembos, and I insist that it’s much better than the Brembo equipped ones :smiley: Sadly, Infiniti discontinued the Brembos on the 2005 and up models, but gave us more hp, stronger transmission, stiffer suspension, forged wheels, higher quality leather, and a better designed dash made from real aluminum vs. the painted plastic on the older ones.

From the looks of things though, you can’t go wrong either way you go. I’m defending the G so much, because I’ve only ever had to change fluids on mine. It’s a 4 year old car, that has spent two of those years with me, and it has been absolutely flawless. I could not be more satisfied, but I guess Dustin feels the same way, so either way, you’ll get a good car.

never owned either car but have friends who do…the e46 friend takes very good care of his car, the g35 friend bought it for his trophy wife…
the e46 has had to have springs replaced twice within a couple of years coz they had cracks…apparently from bumpy roads…no known subframe problem yet tho.
the g35 has not had any problems…

How much did you sell the 240 for ??

Friend had the subframe problem last summer, BMW warrantied it because his car had low kms, car was never abused, daily driver only.

The 240 was sold for just over 6k.

What year was your friends BMW? From what I gathered online, majority of subframe issues was with 01 and older models. :dunno:

go facelift so 02 late and above

have you looked into mercedes?
I’d take c class over a 3 series if your going for auto daily driving

the early 2000 c class are shitpiles, stay far, far away

By the way, if you are driving 500kms to work, maybe you should move closer to work.

What a brilliant idea, I had never thought of that :hsugh:

In any case, I have no desire to look into Mercedes.

The E46 is an all around good car, hence my decision.

Found something to buy yet?

Found a couple I am eying, but nothing official yet. Still window shopping.