Any Ford or Lincoln techs on here? 5.4 V8 No Start HELP

I need help. Ive been trying to diagnose this no start im having wit my 98 navigator. I replaced each relay one at a time. new cam sensor today. im doing a crank sensor tomorrow. It cranks over all I want just no fuel or spark. fuel pump works with alternative power source. I know Its gonna be a sensor any ideas? I know a ford or lincoln tech would know in a seconds but dealer rates are too high. any info is greatly appreciated

Crank sensor might do it.

You’re on the right track as typically no spark/fuel is cam or crank.

I hope it works. I picked up a scantool tonight to see if anything comes up.

the tach move during cranking if it has one??

Yes occasionally it will jump up to 1k…

I did the crank sensor today that didnt fix it… I called lazare lincoln today to see how much there gonna rape me… Im leaning more towards a theft lock or the key needs reprogramming… I just dont understand it

I’ve asked around and security is one ofthe other possibilites that comes to mind honestly.

in the base of the key neer the hoop there is a small latch where the p.a.t.s key is its small like the size of a zanax lolol . check and see if thats still in there as they fall out after use sometimes . a quick check to see if its that causin system shutdown is to disconnect the battery for a few and reset the whole system and try to crank it if it pops and shuts right down with the security light flashin its that . its the only system on the truck that will pull both and let it crank man. if it has the problem dealer is your only option unless the center for security in c/p can now reright the p.a.t.s codes

Im going to send it to the dealer even though I dont want to $90 to diagnose it and 150 to have my one key reprogrammed and a second key made up and programmed. Im pretty positive that the issue is the theft lock even though my trucks theft light isnt blinking at me… Or it could just be my key either way I need my truck going asap…
Franks gonna tow it for me as soon as I get a appointment

get it fixed thnen go to center for security in c/p . they are cheaper for the keys thats where we send em at the shop for programing

normally the security light would be flashing if its that. in addition the car would fire up for a few seconds then die.

Oh they got me by the balls with that one… In order to reprogram the one key u have to have two known working keys. So thats out…

Im not sure the theft lock is on im leaning more towards the key came un programmed. I dont know really what it is I just know generally theres nothing wrong with the truck it was driven until the shift cable broke then when i fixed that it wouldnt start up anymore… The theft light isnt on isnt flashing in fact I havnt seen it at all…I dropped the column to change the shifter so that may have messed it up some how but i need to figure it out asap…

Isn’t there a safty fuel shut off on it for if it gets rear ended? I know on the gas shuttle busses at work have them and once in a while they pop for no reason causing it to crank and not let the fuel pump turn on.

your supposed to be able to reset em though ive tried re setting it but its not popped so idk… Its got no spark though… I need it there for the morning Im just gonna let them diagnose it for $90 and if its the key which im praying it is Ill let em make one up and be driving it asap… u got my number text me to set it up if u wanna tow it…

Didn’t read all the posts, but this sounds like what my 99 Maxima did.

That was the year Nissan implemented the NATS system (chipped key). For some reason, my key lost it’s programming and the car went into theft mode. I had it towed to Nissan (they need the ECU) and they reprogrammed it and I was good to go. I paid 1hr labor.

One thing you could do is spray starter fluid into the TB while cranking. If it starts then, then it’s most likely the same issue I had (car won’t allow itself to start due to key being unprogrammed). Mine ran fine as long as I sprayed starter fluid, but as soon as I stopped, it died.

yea these lincolns have PATS system pretty much same thing.Ive tried starting fluid with no luck it cuts fuel and spark.

they made my spare key when I bought my truck Larry sent me there

only on initial failure . once code is set it wont start or anything

if ya dropped the column ya prolly unplugged the p.a.t.s encoder therefore erasing all the codes for the fob and causin your problems

BINGO!! I know thats exactly what happened… Unfortunatelly I found that out the hard way I have a 99 and a 98 well the 99 is now in the same situation just by unplugging the pats. off to the dealer it goes just gotta get it on the road first…

glad ya got it , there is only a few things on all cars thats gonna shut fuel and spark down