Any Interest In a Dyno Tuning Session?

Ok, started a list, Ed.
If you are “in” and want on the list, please post up and I will update the orig post. Prolly be a good idea to list your car and mods so Ed knows what he’s going to be tuning…

Wayne 95 trans am

Pacesetter longtubes with ORY and gmmg catback could have cam and valvetrain by dynotime though

i’m in! car is a 2002 Trans Am: bolt-ons, Magic Stick 4, 150 wet shot, 4.11 gears. already has a EFILive tune in it & i have EFILive. car will also have LC-1 installed when it comes out.

thanks,
Jay

Sounds good. You want the nitrous tuned also?

yeah, i’m gonna want the nitrous tuned too! i just hope it dont rain for the street tuning, because my Hoosier QTP’s are the only tires i have for the car! lol

Nitrous tune will be another 100-150. It will need more dyno time too. Make sure the nitrous system works good, and you have a pressure gauge on it.

if i get headers on and full exhaust for this spring… then next winter do a cam how much more will it be another 400 to do the tune for the cam the next time your up?

We have a shop policy for retunes. If we are doing the labor, and selling the parts, we have a reduced rate for retunes. Because of the complexity of a cam tune, it is essentially a completely new tune. I would have to charge you again the 400 bucks. Sorry. If I loose a tune over it, I understand.

the kit works great & i got gauges. one on the bottle & one mounted in the dash off the feed line. since my car is gonna be tuned with EFILive, i assume you’re going to use COS5 to tune the nitrous. how do i go about getting the nitrous wired to allow the PCM to retard the timing when i turn the arming switch on?

you wont lose a tune over it my tune will probably just get bumped back till i can afford eveyrthing and get the tune once… kinda like paying 1200 bucs for cam instead of 800 but i heard nothing but great things about your work so i will just wait to get it done once and correctly…

in this situation ppl have used a resister wired into the IAT onto a switch. You hit the switch it then makes the IAT read a value of say 150 IATs. Now in the tune from say 150* up you reduce the amount of timing you would run on a N20 tune. Granted not everyone uses this method but has proven to be very effective in doing a Wet N20 tune/ NA tune

i have an interface from Harris Speed Works that does retard the timing through the IAT at a certain temp. the thing i dont like about it, is that it has about .5-.75 sec delay in retarding the timing, i have logged it & was shocked. thats why i need to know about using COS5, so i can wire the nitrous accordingly. if we do the COS5, then i won’t use the interface, but if ED dont want to do the COS5, i’ll have to use the interface to pull my timing.

.5 delay isnt much of a issue unless your flipping switch on the fly. if your armed and ready for spray then the .5 of a second isnt much to think about especially if your in the staging lanes.

Count me in on the tuning parade. After all the work done, I’d really like to get the most out of the mods.

Hey Greg, has the list been updated lately?

As for the COS5, go on EFIlive’s forum. They have instructions for how to wire up your timing retard. If you can’t find it on there, I’ll get the pin number for you.

ok. what are you having tuned? (car, engine, mods?)

Yes, Ed. I updated the OP with info I get here and in the threads on the other boards. Jeff has cars lined up, but I don’t have any info on them. Maybe he can post them up here and we can add them to the OP?

Sounds good. someone needs to rattle his cage!! LOL

It’s lookin like I’m going to have a busy travel year already. Twice to NJ, starting in Feb., At least once to Pitt., then possibly twice to Europe in the summer.

I’m still enjoying my Jeep since getting my tune. Now I can put three car lenghts on a guy with the same Jeep that I used to be neck and neck with on a 1/4 mile stretch of road. I’m thinking of doing a cam change, porting my intake and changing my exhaust system. If I do I will be in for spring session again as well,

ok, small change in my plans. i decided to sell my nitrous kit & buy a few other pieces for my car instead. so we wont be tuning for the spray on my car when Ed comes up.

<—Is disappointed.
<—likes the spray!!