Anybody else waiting until R33s are legal for import?

that’s awesome! you’ll only have to wait 17 more years to bring it to canada!

or if your ridiculously rich you can import a R34 as a parts car and a R32 and remove the frame off of the body and find away to swap everything onto the R32 chassis but keeping the R32 Vins you can have a R34 but i dont know how well the whole car will go together there was one on j-spec but the wheels needed spacers and it looked a little “off”

i heard that the import laws changed as of april 01 2007…it may be a 25 year law now instead of 15 year law. something to research, what ive posted is hearsay, just havent had the chance to look into it myself yet…

and 17 years more until you graduate! BA-ZING!! :smiley: i kid.

not exactly. if his uncle gives it to him as a gift he can bring it in anytime. however it is ridiculous how much paperwork is needed to prove that it is indeed a gift.

R33 FTL … what is wrong with u ppl , it was the worse RB powered skyline ever made !

the government is changing the import laws to limit importing. instead of the 15 years their changing it to 25. thats what ive heard but i dont know exactly when the bill will be passed. r33s are ugly anyways

you can plate it and everything. but like i said it is hard to prove. how many people will beleive someone gave you a rare car as a “gift”. but if you can handle all the paperwork you can definitely bring one in as long as it is a gift.

lets put it this way. the reason most people dont do it is once you declare it as a gift your personal finances are now being watched closely and any large amount of money going out of your account is suspect to questioning. if they even think that its not a gift they can legally crush the car and most people cant really afford that.

i’ve seen the actual paperwork you fill up when you import the cars. the easy way is 15 yrs and over. the other way is track/show car which means you can never legally drive it on the streets and you either need to have a race, drift license and prove you do have a team for that not just some rich person that wants it purely for track or you must be a member of a company/organization that has something to do with show cars. also theres an exemption if you just moved to canada you can bring a car over from where you were and you can legally drive it and have it here for a year max. finally the “gift” clause.

live in japan for a year… then come back
hahaha drive it legall for a year then make it into a TRACK CAR!!
haha i wonder if that would work…

answer is no. once you bring it in you have to either sell it or ship it out after the year.

so either way its no eh…
well that just sucks…