Anybody else waiting until R33s are legal for import?

2008, I believe (cars went on sale in 1993, right?). I’m hoping that maybe a year or two after that, when I’m done residency and the debt is gone, I can get one of these bad muthas. I know everyone loves the R32 for being the first “big one”, and the R34 for being the mother of all Japanese cars, but I have a huge hard on for the R33.

I’m guessing some of the sponsors here will be in the biz of importing these cars when the times comes? :smiley:

i would just love to own a skyline… or at least put the RB in my 240, but i can not afford that at all so im siht out of luck for that. but would like to see people with em since they are such nice machinery

If you’re waiting for the GTR version; R33 GTR’s were manufactured as 1995 Models… R33 non-GTR models were available in 1993.

R33’s have good engines and tranny’s but are a bit heavier and bulkier in size; still nice cars though…

http://www.jdm-imports.com/skyline_specs.html

So you have about 3 years to wait…

^^^^^^ Thanks for the info!

3 years? That’s even better… means I’ll have a better shot of having the funds to get one by then! :smiley:

IMO the R33/34 are too bulky but I have to say that once R34s are legal I plan on getting one.

^^^

Yeah I’m of the same thinking.

The R33’s never really jumped out at me and the ones that I have liked are waaaaaaaaaay to much money.

Now my main goal is to have an R32 GTR then R34 GTR and then if I ever have the extra coin, I’ll grab an R33 GTR just to complete the collection :smiley: .

Ooooh, you already HAVE a GTR… you jerk! I hate you! :stuck_out_tongue:

sell the Z and get an R… with the $$ difference you could get one hell of a GTR… :smiley:

but if you don’t thats cool. cause the Z is hot too :R

screw r’s c’s is where it’s at baby, 4 door for life…and the stega was a C body…

Word, son! I love my Z… never want to give it up. I just happen to be greedy and want an R, too. :smiley:

I’m going to look forward to the springtime meets so I can meet you guys and your GT-ARRRRRRssss

HAHAHA, well no I don’t have one…yet! :wink:

i perfer R32 AND R34

well if you can’t get the GT-R the R33 should be ahem cheap… just drop in a RB26DETT into 'er and now you have a R33 GT-R

///\ on a side note* why do SOOOOO many people hate the R33’s? to be honest… they’re the ones i like most… and i’m always getting bitched at cuz i do…

body style is more to my liking… weight on the other hand is not… R32 is still the better option for a trackable streetcar. No need to pop an RB26 under the hood of a non GTR the RB25 will make 400whp with ~ $4200 in upgrades…

But, I see allot of potential buyers loosing sight of the non GTR marque when they realize that end of next year you can start to order in SUPRA Mk IV’s

mmmm i wud absolutely loove to be able to get an r34…i better start saving up haha

you only have to wait till 2014, ( given the laws don’t change to 20 years before then ), better hurry…

to import any car the car must be 15 years old or older, so yea you gotta wait like 3-4 years more…unless that was stated already i didnt read every post lol:p

R33 gts will be available in 2008. R33 gtr will be available in 2010. luckily my girlfriend also loves skylines so were planning to eventually get an r33 and an r34 but still keep my r32 gtr as backup.

yea, soobs are great!..

oh wait, wrong forum :stuck_out_tongue:

hhahahah my unlce has a r34 for me in austilia as long as i finsih uni i get it when i graduate :slight_smile: BYAHHHH