anybody know any shops who tune megasquirt?

im looking to get my spark map gone threw, cam gears adjusted and bascialy just see what they can get from it… so far j&j is the only place i can think of. he said he knew someone , but i figured id see who else is around too…

Bald Turbo Freak in Rochester.

ok cool thanks, i emailed them… anyone else?

i have some experience.

BTF, neonGLH

I just pm’d you back. I’m sorry I will not be able to help with this project. I’m just not comfortable tuning a system I have no faith in based on all the software bugs I’ve seen and limitations of certain critical triggering related functions. I know I’ve tuned a few megasquirts over the years, but every time I can’t believe people actually run projects they care about on something with glitches etc.

i think it really depends who builds them. if someone whos attempting to build one with no soldering abilty or knowledge of what theyre doing aside from following a diagram, then ya theres going to be problems. mines built by a guy from a forum i go on who does this for a living. if there was an issue id have contacted him before hand. mine runs perfect , id just like what ive done looked at and any help i can get for the timing table, . but for the price of these you cant beat it, and theres enough help around the net for them. where else can you get a 4 bar map sensor, flat shift/launch control/ anti lag , ebc, and be able to burn any setting ya want for 500 bucks, and be pnp? what kind of issues did you have aside from someones wiring and just not understanding it in general, i mean if you actually have to set up someones from the start then ya it can be a hassle… but ya what ever, ive found a few others , im not worried about it…

megasquirt is a fine EMS if you know what your doing. Problem is many people claim they know how to tune them then blame it on bugs/hardware when things dont work out. If your car is runnin fine on it now then chances are it will continue to run fine. Id be willing to tune it for you but it would need to be on a dyno if you want to adjust timing and cam gears. Alot of tuners use knock control and such as a cruch but a real tuner will pull your plugs and inspect them for detonation between runs to garuntee the tune is good and safe. If your tuner isnt checking your plugs then there not doing the job right. Just keep that in mind when you choose who you want to tune your car.

People who have problems with MS are usually the ones who should’ve gotten a more expensive ecu in the first place. It’s not a system where you just expect to plug in and go. It’s a learning process. If you want to run ms, you have to take the time to learn it. NO EXCEPTIONS. Most of these so called “bugs/glitches” are from a noob setup and building skills. But once you get it, you’ll know more about how a car actually runs than a guy who just bought a $1500-2000 PNP ems. My hand-built ms runs fine. The autotune is great and the things I’ve learn is invaluable.

hey long, you and paul still want a hand tomarrow , ill probably take a ride out for something to do after work…

and turbociv, thats more along the lines of what i wanted to hear , im sure ill get in touch with you. i know you helped jam tune his a few yrs back…

jams e30 never ran right on MS due to unrelated issues. I have used MS on my own vehice for a few years now and recently made alot of power on my bmw using it. I have also tuned turbo miatas from scratch making my own timing map with MS as well.

You need to get in contact with PaulB to tune his turbo miata asap.

Josh, we’re street tuning paul’s car tomorrow at his place in grand island

ok, well just get ahold of me when you get the roller this week so we can do that atleast… now i wanna do it, i want it done already…lol…

If someone needs to get ahold of me they can send me a pm.

Woose!

I have 2 on 2 cars both turbo, never had an issue both ms1 v2.2.

Is it really that you think ms is buggy? I find that hard to believe… will you tune an l-jet? now thats buggy.

Srsly? 17 months later?