Megasquirt

I plan on hooking up my mega squirt in a week or 2. Does anyone around here know their stuff with megasquirt? I have a couple base maps to work from, but I just want someone to check all the values and such before I try and start up the car. Anyone interesed in giving me a hand and showing me a few pointers? I’ve looked through the mega manual but it kind of confuses me. I have never had to do any type of tuning like this before.
Also, I have a wideband. So I could use the autotune function in megatune.

Get on the Forum. It is one of the absolute best forums I have been on. The guys are very intelligent and helpful. No douchebags.

yea, i was on msefi but I was hopeing for someone local to help me out.

dont use the autotune function its not always right

Actually…, the autotune function is just fine. You just have to configure it properly… Boostjunkie, the moderator of msefi, only uses autotune, not the other alternative, which would be logging with megalog, and then using the software in megalog viewer to tune your map.

Autotune will only affect certain aspects of your car though. You still have to tune timing, cold start, idle, etc… by hand.

When I did it, I used autotune to perfect my out of boost VE, then I used megalog viewer and TONS of logging to tune my in boost VE.

–mark

yea, i’ve read more good than bad things about autotune.
Mark, Are you going to be coming through buffalo any time soon?
the only other person I know that knows stuff about MS is Ddrop and he’s busy with his car.

Yeah, I’ll be down this saturday. PM me your number, and i’ll give you a call.

Dammit - this happens every time. I see “Megasquirt” and I wonder why it isn’t in the NSFW forum…