Anybody know how to do leather upholstry (or know who does)?

I want to learn about how to sew ( :hay: ) leather, how to work with it, how to shape it with foam, etc.

Does anybody do it at work or have friends/family that do and wouldn’t mind showing me some tricks of the trade?

I would like to learn. Othewise, i’ll have to do it the good ol’ fashion way… just keep Fuck’n’ up until i get it right.

advanced appreciation achknowledged.

Check PMs.

theres a decent book out on the subject.

TIP: If you fart to much around leather, it tarnishes it.

95accordvtec’s mom did his seats…they came out AWESOME…all she did was had us peel the stock covers off and she used them as templates…she tore all the stitching out and sew-ed the new material right onto the stock covers and then re-stitched all the patterns back together…COMPLETE custom leather interior only cost him about $100 using rubber-backed vinyl from joann fabrics :tup: to that, i might ask her to do mine over winter for a small fee

you sick fuck thats his mom

I think you meant to say complete custom Vinyl seats, since his mom didn’t use any leather while reupholstering them.

Gabes is good

I think you meant to say complete custom Vinyl seats, since his mom didn’t use any leather while reupholstering them.

you would be correct sorry

i should specify leather…since it’s a whole different evil.

so…to be specific… i will be working with leather.

What about Alcantara? How hard is it to work with Alcantara on the seat and leather on the bolsters? I want to re-do my seats.

I assuming it’ll be about the same to work with. Alcantara, more specifically is what I will be upholstering with, as well as perforated leather.

I love lamp.