Anybody try fighting tint ticket?

I always thought that if the police can scratch your tint then its illegal but i’ve never had tinted windows to really worry about it.

From reading what the1slort says, is that it can be like the corner windows in cars like 2 doors. Thats just what i get from that statement, which is why im asking if anyone knows. I see see a bunch of 4 doors around here with tint all around except the driver, passenger, and windshield. Any care to clarify? Thanks.

Any non-factory tint is illegal by the letter of the law. The cops tend to dislike not being able to see the face of the driver so the front two get you in the most trouble.

Tone down that exhaust if you don’t like attention.

The doctors perscription is pointless. I checked it out before and it is for a colorless UV repellant film. So you can’t see it anyway. Not really sure why you need a perscription for it then.

Secondly to me at least I think paying the $100 fine would be close to the same price and way less hassle then peeling it, going to court, and then taking the car to get them re-tinted, unless you were going to go with a lighter tint.

I got pulled over for tint 5 times in my red GTP and never in my 2 audis. I think it has to do a lot with the cops personality and what they think yours is. If your car is typical of a young punk you are more likely to get pulled over. If you have a sedan or wagon that doesn’t have tons of obvious aftermarket stuff then most cops just let it go. I’ve probably gotten pulled over 4 times in my S4 for speeding etc. and the cop never even brought up my tint any time.

nope, but i got a form where i can get an eye doctor to sign and legally have tint on my car.

edit* i see it wolnt be very easy to do this from reading the thread

If you don’t drive like an ass they most likely won’t bother you from my experiences, not saying you do ofcourse.

I hear its iilegal to have them on your side windows that “roll up and down”
basically meaning “side windows” from the statue i posted above.

sitting at a red light in s.park twp… and cop coming out of the sonoco pulled me over… i was just sitting at a red light… (but then again i guess it might have been the t-rex cam and long tubes no cats and open borla :slight_smile: )

HA! so what’d he get you for? all? just the front? I wish I had a car that attracted attention like that :slight_smile:

warning for window tint. i peeled the front windows and drove it back to s.park and the cop on duty at the time signed off on it… luckily i didnt have to peel the back window or i would be fucked.

you gettin it put back on?

id like someone to swap me rear glass that has 35% and then id put that on the sides again. but with 5% or what ever it is in the back maybe even 2.5% im gonna have to leave it clear to keep the cops off my arse.

i have never got pulled over for the tint on my car and i have 35% mirror tint allthough then again my car is registered in lycoming county which is 41/2 hours from pitt and the only window in my car that is not tinted is the front windshield