Anyone do home inspections?

Marge and I are looking for someone who does home inspections, dont feel like paying some random guy if we dont have too.

Anyone?

If you have to pay someone, get Brickkicker to do it. They’re the best in the area as far as I hear (they did mine).

Perhaps someone can give us some advice. We’re looking at buy a new home, should we still get an inspection? I realize there are codes that homebuilders have to meet, but I’m thinking it would probably still be a good idea to get an inspection. Opinions?

Some Mortgage Lenders won’t approve without an inspection.

Mortgage companies have their own inspections , not usually to the degree of a home inspection… They are usually more concerned with pest inspections.

You should always get a home inspection! If you guys are startign to look, feel free to get a hold of me I’ll share whatever advice I can… offer any help that I can…

As far as the home inspection goes I’ve used a number of different home inspectors (6 seperate) and found two that were decent.
I posted there numbers here… sorry don’t feel like looking em up…
Tom is great for everyday homes, Russ is extremely thorough and is best when dealing with any structural questions…
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34911&highlight=home+inspection

i have a great home inspector that I have referred to other people and they have done nothing but rant and rave on how good he is. his biz card is at work I can get you his info on Monday. Barnaby and Leslie used the same guy too

going to ahve to email/pm it to us… im off all next week.

“A PRO home inspection”…Bill Staniland is the guys name, great guy really helped us out alot and VERY reasonable. We just had ours done last Saturday and couldn’t be more comfortable with the results. Tehre’s a $30 coupon online too (which I havent seen) but if you mention it he’ll take 30 bucks off.

On a side note, my uncle is my realestate agent and once he saw who was doing our home recognized the name and said he’s probably the best he’s ever dealt with…

How reasonable is reasonable? Feel free to pm me with a figure :x: