Home Inspection?

Does anyone know of a good home inspector? I’m looking at putting in offer in on a house.

Steve Nola. I know a few people, myself included, who have used him and been impressed.

http://www.amerispec.net/nola/story.cfm?story=news&headline=about_us&tag_lang=en-us

Randy Lynch. I know a few people, myself included, who have used him and been impressed.

http://www.iaqa.org/member_listings/contactmember.asp?memberid=A6022455875*%2F(M%3EWRan

My father does them, but don’t use him unless you what an 100 percent honest inspection of the house.

what sense does that make? of course i would want an honest inspection if im buying a home.

You would be surprised that many inspectors are in the pockets of the realitors. Its the realitor that recomends an inspector most of the time, and if the inspector give an honest inspection of a house, and the buyer changes their mind, thats the last time they are recomended. Because of this, many in the business tend to minimalize the problems with a house so they don’t cause a deal breaker. Its the bad part of the business.

I went with that Steve Nola guy because my attorney recommended him, and said he’s known around here as “The deal breaker.” Who knows, maybe he gave my attorney $5 bucks to say that, but I’ve been in my place over 3 years and haven’t found anything that he missed or wasn’t accurate about. :shrug:

Thats a good point to go with someone the attorney recomends. There is little incentive for him to break a deal. If Steve is known as a deal breaker, then thats the guy you want on your side of the table.

My father has had realitors that try to get a copy of the report from him, or try to show up when he is there so they can act like used car salesmen to distract him in areas that are lacking. My father tells them to leave, or he’s leaving. With the economy going down fact, those fuckers will do anything to put someone in a house.

very true. Just another reason why i want my own heh. i’ll have to check this deal breaker guy out. how much does he charge?