In need of a home inspector please.

Hey guys, as the title states. Ive got five days to get a home inspected. Dont wanna spend much more then $150.00 . Lemme know asap please. Thank you.

Why would you want to get a cheap home inspector? I paid $250 for mine but it was well worth it.

I used Gerry McNamara from Aardvark Services (716) 822-6969.

I cannot remember what I paid but he did a great job and pointed out a few things I overlooked. Highly recommended.

I paid sub $300 for my last one, $250 for another. I wouldn’t drive to someone’s house, dig through their nasty basement and attic, while having to keep up my lic, insurance, business etc for $150… gotta pay to play.

Ok, seriously. Keep the bull shit to your self. If one of my friends knows someone that can help me out then great. If not ill “pay to play” this isn’t my first rodeo and Iv e already been through the house a couple times myself. Just lookin for a trained set of eyes incase I missed something. If you wanna bash go somewhere else, I dont care how much you spent for your inspection. If you want to feel good about your self go flex in the mirror or reply to the stupid watch thread. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Fine. I guess ill go flex in the mirror then. I’ll send you a pic in a few mins.

Hmmm I did flex in the mirror today. :slight_smile:

I just looked at my beer gut that’s slowly fading in the mirror today, no flexing :frowning:

My buddy does this as a seconded job. I’ll Pm his info

I find its better to get a few good contractors to come over, I had a plumber and an electrician, on top of a general inspector. My inspector didn’t point out jack to me.

Text me, i’ve got a guy for everything.

this

Like to help but sounds like you’ve got a plethora. Let me know if I can help.

Yep. I thought my inspector did a good job until a ton of problems popped up and my contractor pointed out how obvious they should have been to someone who knows what they’re doing (not me). The old guy who owned this place was a fucking hack and did everything himself including wiring. The contractor is getting paid to look at my next house, even if it’s just a supplementary inspection.

just remember that “a contractor” might not mean anything come closing time…most real estate forms indicate that the inspector has to be just that…a home inspector or an architect or engineer…a seller can just tell you go to fuck off if you bring in anyone else and keep your hand money.

Mark Kiczewski
Prospec Home Inspection Inc

716-868-5712

Used him for both my home purchases.

NCS Home Inspection. Prolly around $600.00, but when you buy quality, you only cry once. Sorry if it’s out of your budget, but the dude doesn’t disappoint. He can also qualify welding procedures. One stop shopping. John, pm me for info I can hook you up;)

Paid him $400. Saved me buying a house I shouldn’t have. :tup:

I believe I used the same guy, it was definitely pro spec. The guy was super nice, very thorough, and has a German Shepherd that he brings along.

Do you recommend the use of thermal imaging at the home inspection to check for proper insulation on walls, windows, attics, etc? I am about to need a home inspector, but am interested in the quality of the build. The house was built in 2009, but it’s a Ryan Home. Either it’s decent, or it’s not. I’d like to know…

NCS Home Inspection seems like a safe bet. Their website mentions thermal cameras. Did anyone go that route and have positive results?