Anyone else ever get these scam calls?

I have been recieving calls on my cell lately. All scam calls.

One is something regarding an auto warranty. Calls 2x a day, always a different caller id, that goes to a disconnected number. No way to report it obviously. Easy enough to ignore as it’s during the day at reasonable times.

Other was this morning at 6am. I was less than pleased. Voicemail stated they were from the EPA and they needed a call back about my car emitting radon and something about violating federal laws blah blah blah. The guy stammered and stumbled through the message which was humorous. Also believe it’s a spoofed number, it’s a number that does actually go back to an EPA office in NYC.

Anyone else get these?

BTW, I totally wish my car was radioactive. That’d be badass.

I’m going to bump this when your car gets impounded. :tup:

Haha, this was so beyond believeable. The guy stumbled and stammered and was talking about sensors in the roads. It was some tin-foil hat shit for sure.

One thing I learned in Telcomm…Caller ID doesn’t mean shit.

Have you called your phone company and report them. They might help you

I get the warranty one at work all the time. Ugh.

I always get the car warranty one at work. I love to reply, “You sure you have no problem warranting a 218,000 mile SHO and a highly modified Mustang with nearly zero original drivetrain parts, both models are from 1993.”

They usually get the message that I’m not interested :biglaugh:

all the time. :mad:

then there’s the one for needles, the one for satalite dishes, and then one for winning a free cruise to Nassau Bahamas.

Caller ID is never the same on any of them

I just started getting these ones too. :roflpicard:

I can change my caller id on my desk phone to show as anything. Hell, the original iPhone has a jailbreak software that lets you change it.

NEVER trust a caller ID as a basis of a scam or not

ugh…i get the warranty one probably 7-8 times a day…its so freaking annoying.

Indeed, they really are quite nice about making sure you have plenty of last notice warnings.

My girl got the warranty one yesterday. She asked him if it covered drivetrain damage from the occasional neutral drop required to hit 88mph in the space of a mall parking lot in order to engage the flux capacitor, and he hung up. Sour bastard.

my pops gets these, i got a similer scam call today.
Looking forward to the new phone number soon.

You’ve gotta see me on the phone with the warranty one. I love fucking with them and they sit there and take it. It’s worth the phone call if I’ve got some time to kill…

“Hello sir, your car warranty is blah blah blah”
Me (I shout extremely loudly to these people): YEAH I KNOW THEY VOIDED THAT SHIT A LONG TIME AGO
“Well, what make and model is the vehicle?”
2006 LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO. SHE RIDES LIKE A CHAMP.
“Are you serious sir? Mileage?”
30K ON THE FUCKIN THING. I’VE GOT THE AWD, DRIVE HER EVERY DAY.
“Well sir, I’m guessing if you have one of those you probably don’t need a warranty.”
WELL I BLOW AXLES IN THIS FUCKIN THING PRETTY MUCH MONTHLY. I PAID A PRETTY PENNY FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT AND THE DEALER CANCELLED MY WARRANTY BECAUSE I WAS IN THERE EVERY OTHER FUCKIN WEEK FOR SOME SHIT. I’LL TELL YOU THE CARS AS FUN AS THEY GET THOUGH, WORTH EVERY DIME. I CAN MAKE THE FUCKIN THING STAND UP ON TWO WHEELS. YOU’VE HAVEN’T SEEN SHIT UNTIL YOU SEE ME DRIVE, THEY CALL ME HOT ROD RODNEY FOR A REASON, SAUSAGE TITS.

…and I go on for awhile, telling them how I got a settlement from my workplace and now all I do is piss the money away on coke and strippers. It’s fucking unreal.

As for the EPA…I’d probably shit my pants if they called me…haven’t gotten that one yet :confused:

I about fucking lost it when I read sausage tits…

i pressed the two button on the warrenty one and havent got a call back since