Got a strange call today...

While I was sleeping in the morning I got a call from a New York number and I picked it up while half awake/asleep and don’t remember everything perfectly, but it was an automated voice that was telling me the warranty on my car had recently expired and it was saying I could try to renew it by staying on the line or pressing a number on the phone or something. I was confused and tired and just hung up cause it was like wtf, and I went back to bed.

Does anyone know what this is about? I don’t remember giving out my number for anything like that, and my only car is my 95 240 anyway. So yeah…

if you bought any car from a dealer or something, they can set you up with warranties from private places…who knows, could of been a fluke lol.

A lot of people I know get these. Family and friends, some that don’t even have a car. My bet is scam or something.

I got my S14 from its previous owner and it’s the only car I’ve ever bought, never got a warranty for it or anything. Not sure if the last guy did anything like that, but I still don’t know how they’d have my number, unless it was just the wrong number or a scam or something.

It must be a scam. We got the same thing and my dad became a wise ass…

“Really you have warranty on my car? What car, what year is my car!”
“It doesn’t matter we cover cars from 1990-2008”

My dad at this point burst into laughter as the only car the family owns is a 2009 Camry

prolly a wrong number

i get random ass calls from florida and south carolina quite often

huge scam going on right now…

i’ve gotten that call as well, which is weird cause every car my family owns has been bought used and purchased through private sale. it’s just commercial crap, like those phone surveys and what not.

lol wow… yeah its a scam. Customers at our dealership have been getting these calls. I did not realize how widespread it was.

yeh definatly a scam. quite a few customers brought that up as well. unfortunatly some people to get scammed.

i think it asks you to punch in your credit card # and a whole bunch of info.

It’s a telemarketing thing. Like the free cruise thing etc…

i think it asks you to punch in your credit card # and a whole bunch of info

lol. Here is my credit card number! YAY WARRANTY!

its a scam where they offer you to extend ur warranty after they told u ur old 1 is expired n boom they got ur money.

Def a scam…I love scammers, its so much fun to play mindgames with them

i hope they call me i need a warranty on my 89 240 lol

i bet its a scam i got a call yesterday apparently from ‘tom from rogers’ which sounded very little like any ‘tom’ i know as it was voice recognition type software kind of tom LMAO, asking me to press 1 as i won a free gas card (WTF?!).

Kiss my butt hang up

it IS a scam. My dad just got one of those calls yesterday. complete scam. i looked into it with him. not even gonna go on about this. just be smart about shady people and shady phone calls.

lol i just got the call yesterday

lol i just got the call yesterday

yeah i got that call yesterday as well … figured it was some kind of scam .