Got a strange call today...

i just got it today on my cell

i got the call today on my cell, i just hung up

i got the call today on my cell, i just hung up

I just got the call at 9 fucking am… I actually bothered to stay on hold just to have a little fun. Once the person picked up, I was like, what’s the vehicle that my warranty is expiring on? The person was silent for 2 seconds and she responded with a generic, “we’re offering an extended warranty plan.” I convinced her I had 7 vehicles, “which one is the warranty expiring on?” The response was “either one, sir” multiple times. hahahah I love how she kept contradicting herself.

After a short conversation, I almost burst into laughter after fucking with her, and then once she said they’re putting me on a calling list, I told them to go fuck themselves and their scam. She hung up.

So not worth the 8 min hold lol. I wanted to get to the final step when they ask for my credit card number and fuck with them some more, but the person kept asking for my first and last name, to which I couldn’t come up with anything reasonable on the spot because I was half asleep…fail. I’m gonna prepare for the second conversation once they call back, so I don’t get caught off guard. I am now Chuck Norris with a gold Datsun 280ZX.

Wow, are you guys serious? You’ve all been getting these calls over the past few days as well? I had no idea it was that widespread…

Now I kind of want them to call back and I’ll get a little fun out of it this time. Last time I was just like wtf I have no warrantly and I was tired and half sleeping so I didn’t want to bother wasting any time.

HA! i just got that kind of call this morning…i was like wtf i don’t have a newer car LOL waste of time.

my buddy got the call yesterday after noon and he has a new G35 luckily i was there to let him know it was a scam lol i thought it was the dealership. i think it would be a good idea to post this on other Canadian forums so they dont get screwed.

WTF?!?! Why is everyone getting this call???

I want one :frowning:

My dad once messed with a carpet cleaning company. He went on to tell the guy we had wall to wall carpeting. It must have been the dudes first week, he was so excited about the job, he went to talk to his manager to make out a deal, and said he’d call back.

When he did my brother answered the phone and explained we’ve got a psychotic father on constant meds, who likes to move furniture around every 30 minutes.

So far, they haven’t called back…

I’ll be waiting for mister warranty :smiley:

I just emailed verizon - I got the call as well.

Got the call yesterday. Couldn’t remember where I had heard about it, but now I do.

haha I got the call today… around 9am I think? The number was like 1-555 or something.

i just got a call and i dont even have a car LOOL

just got the call…mos def a scam…

I’m still waiting…

+1 :frowning:

Waiting to do this… or an edited version of it since i don’t think they know names:

either way it’s funny… whatever… jeez get off my back.

called my mom also telling her they can’t find her payment information and they’d like to give her a warranty thru 2010… my mom doesn’t even have a license but she bullshitted them all the way till she told them the cops were monitoring the line then he hung up

The number for the call was 1 562 223 8851. Hope that helps identify them if they call you. Please screw with them, the hold time is like 5-10 minutes. Plenty of time to fabricate a story, lol enjoy. Record it and post. :stuck_out_tongue:

I see you got a Cali number. Mine was from New York – 914-921-1122.

Someone should call them and ask for car insurance if someone picks up, then fuck around with them. olol

I got this number (and call) as well.

Immediately identified it as a scam pretty easily…wow widespread indeed!

[Y]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yk8BQAi-tM8&feature=related[/Y]