Anyone ever fall asleep..

be behind the wheel???

i never have personaly but have gotten damn close…

yes ive done it

i as drunk at the time

i managed to negotiate a turn on the 33 coming back from downtown @ 4 am duringthe nap too … fell asleep and woke up on the straight away, lookd back to check for a cop and saw a turn behind me … lol

rofl never close here…driving wakes me up

when i was younger and had to drive a gf back home at like 3am all the time, id get dangerously tires and basically fall asleep on the drive back

oh wells, nothing ever happened from it

:word: i can be tired as hell but once i start driving im so wide awake, i dunno wtf is wrong with me

i fell asleep on my way home from an ex gf’s house a few years ago on the 400. it was really late and i was f’n tired (not drunk) and i dozed off for a second. when i woke up i was driving on the median and grass was flying over the windshield. pretty scary shit.

I sleep great when i drive, it is like the best nap of the day, I just focus on what is happening around me and not much else. It leaves me feeling rested when i get where i am going.

another question, i heard this is true. that cops can give you a pretty serious ticket if you are "to tired " to drive.

is that true?

Have come pretty damn close, had to open the windows and slap my self in the face a few times to make it home. Few other times i jsut pulled over.

Yep, hit the wall by william st. on the 90 in my RX7, woke up riding the wall, ate up two rims but luckily no body damage, got lucky.

I was very sleepy on my way home once very late at night and almost drove into a ditch after closing my eyes for a second or so. Very scary. Needless to say, I now refrain from driving when I’m so tired.

I used to be super tired on my way to my 8 a.m. classes, and I’ve came too close for comfort. But now I always take either a coffee or green tea with me to wake me up. :tup:

When ever I feel tired while driving i pull over and pass out

i’ve gotten very damn close…i got soo scared a few times LOL

I had an ex-girlfriend that I used to drive about 2 hours to see every weekend. Was driving back home from her house one night to my house and dozed off for a split second and just skimmed onto a lawn around the corner from my parents.

A good thing to do is to have some potato chips or crackers to eat while you are driving. It helps me.

I don’t do the 4am nights anymore, but thats pretty much when I would come anywhere close.

Yes, because you are as dangerous as a drunk on the road…

I came close to falling asleep at the wheel many times in the old days of partying in Toronto and coming home at 8AM.

i did it driving to Charlotte once…luckly we were close to a restarea where we stopped and napped for about an hour

My gf’s DSM broke on I90 near darien lake exit, she was heading back to school at niagara. (This was at 10pm) I took my moms V6 accord met up with my girl and let the tow truck follow us up to hybrid connection to drop the car off. Then I took her up to niagara really tired at that point. I had to make it back to the east side of rochester, a good hour and a half drive ahead of me. It was about 1 am as I started back. Lets say 190 and 290 was no problem once i got on the thruway i had the sunroof open and both front windows and it was about 40 degrees out. I think I fell asleep a couple times for a second or two. I was determined to make it home. If I was driving my DSM I do not think I would have been that tired, as I would have been trying to break the record of how long it takes from niagara university to penfield new york. I am around an hour and ten minutes I think. :eekdance:

Yeah… twice. The first time when I was driving down to texas, wound up 50 feet off the road in a pasture. Second time it cost me my license. :\

i doze off but catch myself before i fall asleep, its scary as hell