I strongly dislike drunk drivers

I am in the middle lane on Borden rd in west seneca waiting for the light to turn so I can turn onto clinton and a mazda goes through the red light past me in the right lane going at least 70mph jumped the intersection and lost control of his car and took out a sign hit a fire hydrant and that threw his car into a tree. I speed over to check to see if he is ok because that was a MAJOR hit. side air bags blew on the driver side. I was already on the phone with 911 to get rescue on route. I helped the driver get the door open and all I could smell is alcohol REALLY strong. He kept asking me to hang up the phone over and over as he approached me so I did. He didn’t appear to have any injuries I walked back to my truck and called WSN department back and explained the situation super fast. Locked my doors as the guy walked to my truck. He wanted me to give him a ride so he would not get a DWI I told him I wanted nothing to do with this situation and was leaving. He fled the scene but the police were able to locate him. Long story short I gave the police a positive ID and he is getting charged with the whole deal.

I can’t believe the amount of police involved in trying to locate him it was unreal. They were everywhere. tracking him through the woods and everything. PROPS to the police dept for finding him! I probably would not have been so interested in finding his drunk ass but if he would have rear ended me at that speed he would have likely been dead and my truck would have been totaled. I had my truck weighed the other day at it was 6600lbs with 2 people in it and a empty tow dolly. I don’t think his protege would have fared well at all. Not to mention potential injury to me. I mean WTF if someone had been walking or driving down the road the outcome could have been VERY different. I am still fired up from this and it has been several hours.

DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!!!

I can’t believe you called the cops on me brah

I would’ve make sure he was there when the police showed up. He made his drink, now it’s time to drink it. He’s lucky no one was killed.

Good job man. :tup:

Nice job.

Yeah good job man. How far away did he get before they caught him?

“if he would have rear ended me at that speed he would have likely been dead and my truck would have been totaled.”

Ok you may have died but that would have sucked if your truck was totalled. LOL (Sorry could not resist, it just sounded funny.:))

Edit: God it is early, I guess I read that wrong. I thought you were saying you would have been dead. Duh.

I would have given him a ride… To the closest cop car I could find.

I smartened up after being stupid in my Senior year of high school and freshman year of college. My father was given a breathalyzer device at a golf tournament, inwhich I asked to have it. I now take that every time I drink and step back into my car. I’m not looking to kill anyone or kill myself because I wanted to have a good time drinking with my friends but didnt want to sit around and wait to sober up.

People like that piss me off as well. Props to you for doing the right thing, and also props to being the better person and checking on him after seeing it happen.

cell phone pics?

Good job man. :tup: Drunk driving is so irresponsible it blows me away that people actually do it.

The US is like the most lenient country in the world too when it comes to punishment.

The stories I could tell you about the dozens of times I’ve been near missed, watched people swerve across three lanes, tried to have been raced, watched people drive down the wrong way on the 33, the list goes on. This is on an every week basis. Think about all the bad drivers out there now picture some of those people adding alcohol to it.

Are you out late a lot because of working late at the bar?

Bar tend downtown. It’s usually easy to avoid the “crowd” most of the time as they only travel at certain times. The REALLY drunk people with a car full of people texting and cranking the radio swerving all over are usually out from about 2:15-3:30am

My grandmother was killed by a drunk driver. Drinking and driving is not excusable. If I were you I’d have a very hard time not punching him in the face and making a citizens arrest.

Anyone dumb enough to drink and drive is a loser.

I’ll have to keep that in mind.

props for doing the right thing. i cant stand drunk drivers. doesnt matter if youre going right around the corner either. my uncle was on his motorcycle and was hit by a drunk driver that was pulling out of a driveway from a party. couldnt even drive 20 feet and the stupid fuck killed my uncle.

i really dont understand why people get behind the wheel after drinking.

When I told him I wanted nothing to do with the situation he kept reaching his hand in through my partially opened window on the passenger side. I told him to get away from me. fortunately he did without kicking my truck or something stupid. So I started to drive away while on the phone with WSN PD explaining where he was. I turned onto french rd and they asked me to turn around and put eyes on him. He was gone. it turns out as soon as I was out of site he bolted to a nearby house and was pounding on the door and this big ass dude came to the door, he said he was begging to get in the house so he would not get arrested. Ultimately the dude told him to piss off and closed the door in his face. The guy bolted through the back yard and in the process lost his flip flops so he ran through the woods bare foot (ouch!) he was missing for 2 or 3 hours but eventually was found at his parents house still hammered. From what I herd he told PD that he started drinking when he got there, but his mom later told PD that they don’t keep alcohol in the house.

I stood at the side of the road for a really long time with police hoping to ID this guy if they caught him and after a couple hours they called for a tow truck and said they would call me if they found him. 45 min later I am at home in tonawanda and I get a call from the police. We found the guy you said was the driver (they pulled a pic up on the computer, he has prior DWI’s) Are you able to come down to the station to ID him in person. I said hell yeah I am. I’ll be there in 30 min. I asked the police for gas money and he smiled and laughed and said no. so I went on my way

“if he would have rear ended me at that speed he would have likely been dead and my truck would have been totaled.”

Ok you may have died but that would have sucked if your truck was totalled. LOL (Sorry could not resist, it just sounded funny.)

Edit: God it is early, I guess I read that wrong. I thought you were saying you would have been dead. Duh.

I was just thinking how fucked that mazda would be if he rearended a 6000+lb SUV with my foot planted on the brake. I highly doubt he would have walked away from that and I would have made bank off my truck being totaled. Not saying I would have walked away like nothing happened but certainly not as bad off as his stupid ass. That is what fired me up about the whole thing. If he would have been a couple feet over and hit me it is a game changer, if someone would have been driving through their green light on clinton BAM, someone driving south on borden BAM, someone walking along borden, BAM. I think this was a near best case turnout if you had to choose from those scenarios.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

sorry my phone does not take pics worth talking about so I didn’t even bother.

[sarcasm]youre such a dick, way to get him in trouble [/sarcasm]

Oh there was a red GTO that was also there. just wondering if it was anybody from here. he stopped to see if the guy was ok and then got super pissed off then he smelled drink and left.