Anyone ever get a "failed to stop for school bus" ticket?

Anyone ever get one of these? How much of a fine am I looking at if I show up on my court day or if I decide to just plead guilty and mail it it?

why in the hell wouldn’t you stop for a school bus?? you hate kids or something?

alot, the fine is huge

What happened was I was coming the other way and the bus went past me with its lights on while i was actually stopped, cop pulled me over and gave ticket…nys website says around 250ish im guessing more

serves u right, fine is huge, good luck.

Thats not what the fuck I was asking…read the situation.

heh heh kevin :wink:

you should def go to court and explain what happened…if they get you on guilty the fine is HUGE…Good Luck…

dont plead guilty not a good move ever.

you were stopped and the bus came by you with the lights on and you got a ticket??? if this is true, was the cop drinking???

i figured that much…just spoke to town of WS courts and it can be anywhere from 90-300 if i plead guilty…so I guess i got my answer.

It was a weird situation…me and the bus were both almost stopped, guy in front of me is almost stopped but decides to accelerate through when he sees the bus isn’t going to stop in front of him. Bus rolls past me by about a car length or two, red lights on, and i say "well i’m past it now, might as well go. No kids were in any sort of danger at any time, they weren’t even out of their seats on the bus most likely, so it’s not like i was flying through a group of innocent kids getting off the bus. Cop tagged me instead of the other guy who did the same thing. Shit happens. Oh well.

oh so now the true story comes out.

die in a fire biatch :burnin:

pleading guilty = Royal Reaming in the ass with a 20-grit sandpaper cock. Dont do it. make something up.

Say you thought the bus driver was waving you on because the guy infront you went by aswell.

don’t plea guilty.

Happened to a friend of mys wife, she explained almost exactly what you just wrote, and she got off with a warning.

Then again it was a Male judge, and this girl I’m talking about is a really cute blonde, beautiful ass & great tits!
So I guess yur screwed unless u look good in drag!!:smiley:

u SURE the lights were RED??? The red lights arent suppose to come on til the door is opened. If it was red, I would argue that the bus was moving with the red lights on, meaning the door was open while the bus was in motion. The Amber/yellow shoulds should have been on as a warning. That blows either way. hope you get off cheap

I had this SAME exact ticket, My bumper was even with the busses before the sign even came out, i got pulled over 4 blocks later, and was cited for passing a stopped school bus. So i went home called my uncle (lawyer) had him write up some paper work , signed it mailed it in. plead not guilty and got 0 points and a 150 fine (2 parking tix) no school , woulda been from what i was told 5 pts and up to 500 in fines. So my advice is to contact a family friend whos a lawyer and repeat what i did, worked out real great.

i got this ticket a couple years ago in cheektowaga, the fine is $350 and 5 points plus surcharge. when i went to court i had kolbert as the judge, i told him exactly what happend and it was reduced to two parking tickets and school 0 points. so like $205 for ticket, surcharge and school.

Tell the story to the D.A. and they will reduce the charges. They you plead guilty to the reduced charges. Should be around 2 bills + school.