anyone ever heard of of 2 intake cams??

there have been a few guys on myspecv who have swapped out their stock exhaust cam with another stock intake cam. I read the whole reason why, and am confused…how can this better then aftermarket cams?? if aftermarket cams have a different lift, why use a stock intake cam??

Did you word that wrong? not trying to be a dick. sounds interesting.

maybe they had forced induction?

its for n/a applicationa also… i read it twice. what i read was they replace the exhaust cam with an intake cam…it takes away toqrgue, but gives more topend…ill post the link

here it is…

I’ve been toying with the idea of turbo cams when I though about dropping another intake cam in my motor on the exhaust side, it’s an old idea other cars have been doing for a while, duh, that’s all 90% of any car stuff is.

From some rough measurements I took the running the exhaust sprocket on an intake cam advances the cam about 4* crank, which is ideal for an turbo application. You’ll gain 10* duration over the old exhaust, so about 5* on either side of the centerline, when you factor in the advance from the sprocket position you’ll the cam opening 9* earlier compared to stock and only 1* increase in overlap. You’ll gain almost .025" in lift and the ramp profiles on the intake cam gives you more lift sooner per degree than the exhaust cam. Opening the exhaust valve sooner provides a intense exhaust pulse for the turbo and will generally improve spool time and turbo response.

there is going to be adyno run with this thursday…

Out of my bare general knowledge:rofl:. bump for you

KA24DE guys have been swapping in an exhaust cam for the intake cam for a long time now. Its a cheaper alternative to a 500-600 set of cams because you can usually pick up a stock exhaust cam for like 20 bucks.

I realize your car does not have a KA but i just wanted to let you know that its not unheard of to do such a thing.

but other than the cheap alternative, what really is the gain than going to all aftermarker?

that is good then,

+10* duration of exhaust cam + dyno run sound like a good way to prove the theory anyway. At least the cams will show an improvement or some kind of deficiency, either way you know where to go from here (up or down) with an unproven setup!