Anyone ever sue a city before?

oh

in order for that to be his excuse though, he would have had to state that the reason he searched for drugs was because he smelled it. He stated he searched for drugs because I told him it was ok.

did you happen to have any of these in the car?

http://www.thefreshscent.com/wp-content/post_imgs/1106/small_joint.jpg

So then you goto court…

And he says he smelled weed…

You argue…

Admit to having weed…

You’re now a criminal and your statements won’t hold credibility…and you are arguing with a cop and a judge :lol:

Best of luck :tup:

geez LOL

Unless he searched some locked truck on compartment…I don’t see this going well…

But I am just going off random convos with cops and lawyers

not only have you apparently forgotten theres more to it than that, also that all I have to prove is that he searched the car illegally if I feel need be, and EVERYTHING that happened from then on out is completely null and void. You have no knowledge of NYS and constitutional law or you, like JayS, would see where, if proven was illegal, I am 100% in the right. Glad you’re amusing yourself time and time again with impossible, made up, never going to happen scenarios though.

To the OP: Honestly what did you expect when you decided to post this here? Obviously when you post a thread like this there are going to be douchebags that feel the need to chime in and tell you you’re an idiot.

I don’t know how many god damn times I have to tell people not to post personal situations online like this. This situation is your business not other peoples. If the situation is as bad as you say it is, then follow your lawyers advice and figure out a strategy of recovery.

Anyway for the record I’m not trying to come off as defending weed either because I don’t smoke.

solution… buy the gsxr… spend weed money on bike payment /thread…

good luck

just how do you expect to prove it was an illegal search, other than your word, and that of your cohorts?

Let me know the court date

I will show up and laugh

You know what…

I take back my mean comments…

Good luck

Post up your results

um, isn’t what this all comes down to, is the fact that you did have weed on you?

If they obtained it in illegal search they can’t use it against him in court…

But searching cars is always iffy

yea doesn’t it just turn into a “his word against the cops” type thing?

i didnt really read any of this but if you are talking about it and giving even the faintest details online then you are in for a world of hurt.

i gauge that simply by the level of immaturity and that your lawyer should have told you right off the bat not to say shit about it.

i would like to sue the cityits that moved in up the street for being complete retarded butt gobblins.

Listen to me as i’ve been through this,
If they DID NOT find anything and they damaged your property when they had no legitimate reason to search your property then you would have some recourse. In your case they found buds, which whether we agree or disagree is ILLEGAL. The end of this story is you were in possession of something illegal, he found out. This now turns into your word against his, which obviously your young and smoke pot so your a liar in the eyes of the judge.

/thread and you lose
but go ahead and try so I can tell you I told you so.

they unlocked my glovebox and opened my trunk to look for shit cops do whatever they want its bullshit i hope you win this but i just dont see it unless they didnt find anything in which case you wouldve whined on here but never followed up

Cops have the right to ask you to get out of the car. If you say no, your asking for trouble. You can not say no to this. Cops also have the right to ask to search your car. This option you may say yes or no. You can say no like you said you did, but then he has reasonable cause to search you anyway cause it looked like you were drunk from your glossy eyes. When you say NO, they will find a way cause they can and most of the time the people that say no are hiding something. All he has to do is say he smelled weed, at which who is to say he didnt. You can not prove him wrong. At that point he does not need permission from you anymore. Once searching the vehicle he can look ANYWHERE he wants because the vehicle is classified as the trunk and compartments as well. Whatever he finds will hold up and is admissable. Now to the fact that you had weed in your car does you in. Your credit goes down no matter how many friends in your car you had. If it was someone on the street that witnessed it, it is different. But since he is a cop, a lt. to boot like you said, he has strong credibility with the judges and im sure he has testified in court before reguarding the same situation that you are in. Just pay your fine and let it be. It wont get you anywhere to try and sue this guy.