anyone go to car auctions?

ah, i fucking love it … now i can ask someone with firsthand experience … is ignorance realy bliss?

if you realy had a clue about violators project, you would know that cutting the car in half was never on his mind, it was someone ELSE that suggested that, and he shot the idea down. and later i came up with a quicky photoshop showing the ACTUAL plan

where the hell is this post??

anyway, isnt there a insurance auction up on vulcan???
have u checked ebay or junkyards for a shell and such?? junkyards have to have a title when a car is junked so u might be able to grab a call and title from a yard

i have checked all the local junkyards…the only place that has what i need is Vince’s…and the guy was a TOTAL doushcan on the phone with me calling me crazy and wondering “what the fuck kinda project would you need THESE parts for!!!..i hope your rich” <-----yeah…doushcan.

not to mention he wanted an amount for the parts i knew i could get a whole car for, and part out the rest on ebay to make my money back.

and im not trying to be a dick, but if you cant help me, there is no reason for you to konw what im looking for at this point in time, ill let the cat outta the bag when i get the project actually underway, i promise a sweet how-to.

im expecting about $6-7k for the complete “project” idea.

Well im thinking about putting an GSXR motor in the rear of a CRX, whats your plans???

the escape system is built based on a really shitty transmission, and the dif’s wont handle the power i plan to throw at them.

so theres my only clues im giving out.

no cheap rollers on the focus forums??? gotta be able to find a beat 01 or somethign for like 3K. dunno if u wanna spend that much on a shell. have u asked JustinH??? I know he deals with motors and such, they have to come out of cars wrecked or not.

He doesnt need a Focus parts car!

hes not looking for a focus
hes not looking for a focus rs
hes not looking for a cosworth
in fact, hes not even looking for something that has a ford emblem on the front

im looking to spend $3k or less…prefferably less on the car in question…i dont care what shape the body is in, i dont care if the motor is blown. i dont even care if the frame is bent. it depends what kind of money i have when something comes up, or if something comes up at all. im hoping to have enough cash come summer to get one thats not TOO bad for about $3k, and make that back in the parts i wont be using.

so no focus eh??? JK

goodluck, i know alot of us are wondering what your plans are. only time will tell

If you are looking for a body, I have a 4 door focus shell for a couple hundred bucks. I kow you dont want a Focus but just letting you know.

dont worry, its gonna be sweet, but i dont wanna hype up what i plan to do, and then not get it going and look like a fool, so for now its a secret accept for a select few. but i can tell you, it will be one of a kind in all seriousness…there is one other guy i pitched my idea to, that was able to get the parts, but hasnt kept up on designing it…so its a stailmate right now. hes taking a slightly different approach but we pooled our info to figure it all out, so its a race to see who gets it done/working first.

PMed…not for this project…but i had a thought…

i know what he wants to do.

so do i! just you all wait and see

i also know…
next time your working, ask one of the cops that come in about the police auctions. they are open to the public. i’m not sure how much cars go for there, or what kinds they actually get… but its worth a shot checking out

the dos is strong with this vague ass thread

^ hahaha i was just discussing that up at mighty how i am totally Dos’ing right now. its great.

quit handjobbing the HRK under the table there, it’s starting to creep the late shift out

this is fun to bad i kno what hes doin…