anyone go to car auctions?

I enjoy it when my definitions become wide spread.

So far i have

Federline and Dosin’

WOOT

^Lol

I like Dosballer, but I cant take the credit it was all lafengas

well, you cant DoS with the orginanotor. i know what car you are talking about.

i missed that one.

are you sure? did i tell you? lol. damn if i did.

but im looking for a car that i can crossbreed with my focus to make my focus into something seriously amazing lol.

something about a cat.

^ damn. ok ya got me lol. SHHHHH!

its not that hard to figure out what he wants to do.

hes gonna cross-mate another car’s AWD system with his.

its a great idea, im curious to see where this goes. if u need any help with labor, let me know. thats a cool as project

you bet your ass ill need help with labor lol. i know exactly what im doing for the rear end of the car, the front end however is up in the air, an escape front crossmember will add about 3" to the ride hieght when installed on a focus, so that wont work. i have yet to get under the car i need in order to see if i could modfify whats on that car to work on the focus. so if all else fails im turning the zetec north-south with a t5 tranny and the rear end i have planned out for a drift machine.

I think focusinprogess is looking for a Jaguar x-type.

Good luck and hope things work out for you, seriously!

http://www.andysautopartsny.com/ <— They show up as having a X-type Manual tranny for $975 maybe they have the diff you need also.

^ lol, ya got me…THANKS FOR THE INFO and support!!

i know if this goes all as planned and isnt too difficult, you plan on makeing more and selling as a kit. thats why i think you should still look around to see if theres some thing else you could use. you should try and find something that would be more common to find and cheaper.
unless you dont care anymore and just want to do it to do it.

well, if it all goes as planned…the kit i sell i will sell minus the tranny/diffs. that way, they have the choice of junkyard jag parts or brand new from the dealer.

bumping this thread. does anyone know police auction schedules? i would like to snag a shell over winter and get this project rolling. i have since tossed around the idea of using the v6 as well…and twin charging it with a procharger kit modified with a large t3 based turbo. if i can get a parts car now that i have a s10 DD, i may part out all of my focus stuff as well as the parts car minus drivetrain…and go with the N/a v6 AWD for a season maybe with spray.

I thought you were like really poor or something?

Did you get a new job?

i am really poor lol…i am flipping cars to pay off my debt and should be good to go again in winter. i plan to have my 3 credit cards payed off in the next 2-3 months, then close them, and start banking up for next summer’s build.

[quote=“focusinprogress,post:56,topic:19942"”]

i am really poor lol…i am flipping cars to pay off my debt and should be good to go again in winter. i plan to have my 3 credit cards payed off in the next 2-3 months, then close them, and start banking up for next summer’s build.

[/quote]

You flip cars but don’t go to auctions to buy? I don’t get it.

By the way, the auction you want to get access to is Adesa. They have the regular auction and damaged vehicles auction. Dealers license FTW.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:57,topic:19942"”]

[/quote]

Haha, it is hard enough to make $ in the business when you do go to auctions.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:57,topic:19942"”]

By the way, the auction you want to get access to is Adesa. They have the regular auction and damaged vehicles auction. Dealers license FTW.

[/quote]

i can get in there, Pm me your info as to what your looking for

this is a cool focus!