'16 Focus RS... I sorta like them.

Is this a dumb car to spend 40 grand on?

Basically a Ford STi. 330HP ecotech. Good AWD system. Good handling, etc.

Plus it comes in this weird blue color that is similar to my BMW motorbike that I just can’t get enough of…

this would be cool for most people but you have the problem of having been way too cool already.

you can’t go backwards in cool.

I’m a big fan of these but its like the golf R.
Damn thing is still a focus.
Nice ass focus and I love that blue you posted but still a focus. A 40g focus…

Hahaha. Bing I’m not that cool these days. My coolness rating is akin to VW stock these days.

Minglor, I have a Golf R now. Sometimes I just wish it had a little more oomph. In general though I just drive it around and don’t care if it’s “fun”. So selling it and spending another 20 grand would probably be dumb for the few times I’d actually care.

No two door option?

No. But I’m a 4doorbabe forever.

with all due respect… fuck you

I thought you had one of those.
Still stock tune??

It’s pretty awesome and has torque vectoring and generally a lot of stuff a serious driver will enjoy.

Golf R + a tune is probably a better daily still

It’s no secret that I get boners for Ford hatches. For YEARS everyone on focus forums has been crying in an attempt to have the tears wash the sand from their vagina’s that ford would simply not sell the RS models here…I think it’s fantastic that we finally have the option. I think the “still a focus” is a moot point…because a golf R is still “just a golf”, an STi is still “just an impreza”, and an evo is still “just a lancer”

I think what ford has been doing the past few years is certainly challenging rival manufacturers, and I for one am super happy with my Focus ST for daily duty with a side of fun…I definitely want to get in the new RS and see what it’s all about.

When I was younger I wanted an STi so freakin bad but I was young and had no money. now I’m not as young and still kind of have no money, so I try not to be one of the teary sandy vagina types that whined about not getting the RS here but also being too poor to buy one even if they are available here. LOL. I leased my ST in hopes that when I’m around 2yrs into the lease I could consider turning it in for the RS, we’ll see how that pans out.

Doing this vs putting a tune on your Golf R makes zero sense to me.

The overall quality of the VW is going to be way ahead of the Ford. Comparing my 50k mile 2012 CC Sport to my friends brand new 2015 Fusion Titanium and the VW is still much nicer.

You even admitted you love your R but just wish it had a little more power. So instead of spending way more money to trade your R and get the Ford why not just spend a little money making the R faster? The stage 1 and stage 2 tunes are still really reliable and daily driver friendly.

don’t tell me to slow down, don’t tell me I work out too much, don’t tell me to stop dumpin my paychecks into my lancer.

Well, I certainly don’t LOVE the Golf R. I’ve had it for a year or so. I could also probably sell it for more than I paid for it, so I think I’d come out ahead. However, the Golf has 80k miles on it and it would be nice to have something new again. This is really just a fleeting thought and I like the color. Haha.

Sounds far too familiar…I bet you’d have it by next week if someone locally had one in stock.

Depreciation city if that thing is 40k

It is a really stunning car, and the AWD is appealing.

Overall, I really love what ford has been doing over the past few years.

I actually went to the dealer to see about getting one (the RS) and they said all have been spoken for and going for over retail price. They also said they expect this car to be hard to get since only one plant in germany is making them. So now i am back looking at a Golf R or some sort of SUV

If and when I move back to NY i’ll be trading in my GTI (a3 6mt) in for an AWD R, FOR SURE.

… or a taco

most dealers are at about $2-3k mark-up on them. I know of two people that put down deposits, both in PA.