Anyone good with body work?

I hit a curb last night that just happened to be metal, sharp and tall… figuring my luck into the equation, that would equal out to over $1,000 in damage as a quote.

The passenger side ground effects was completely destroyed, and I figured it was gonna be a junk yard search for a new one, but the curb also dented in the rocker panel that it attaches to with the clips.

I asked the body shop if I could use half the clips to hold the body kit on, and he said that I should fix the rocker panel, as it probably wont stay on. It is dented in along three of the clips out of 6, and I dont see an easy way for me to just pop it back out/or whatnot.

Does anyone know how to do this type of repair that could help me out?

Thanks,
The guy thats having a bad morning.

get a slide hammer, this might be tough for you to stomach, but if you want to save some bucks just do it. take the slide hammer, and buy some beefy self drilling screws. use the screws to attach the peice of the slide hammer meant to attach to wheel studs into the center of the dent. lightly slam the slide hammer to pull the dent out. start soft and work up pressure a little more each time until it actually starts to pull it out. get it kinda close, then sand the paint down to bare metal. then bondo it, sand it, and get a rattle-can match paint from auto parts store and spray. get junkyard sideskirt and attach. done

or u can use ur insurance cause thats y u have it

Talk to victor next time youre at starbucks…

for a $1000 repair, I’m not gonna put a claim in for them to pay only $500. Its not worth my rates going up. I thought about it, believe me.

you have his number? I dont bump into him that often anymore… Thats a great idea though.

call your insurance, if you can keep the claim under $1k they wont jack your rates.

i love how everyone assumes they rates sky rocket because of one minor repair…its doesnt really happen…ur gonna pay about 500 + anyway so y not

if its your mazda that you used to bitchslap the curb, your better off having it repaired

the problem is that with new cars, the rocker panels are high strength steel, and since they have so much curve to them also, using a slide hammer just rips holes

the proper repair procedure is to cut off the old rocker and weld on a new one

if the dent is shallow, teh shop might be able to weld on a plate and use the frame machine to pull it out , but thats a pita

replacing the rocker is easier 90% of the time

That sounds like a lot of repair for such a simple mistake as a curb. Ugh, that sucks!

I didnt even take a look at the quote, but rather the price… and said “i’ll think about it” and left. I was kinda in shock. I wonder what he put on there to do…

post a photo of the estimate or fax it to me, ill let you know. i run a bodyshop.

PM me your fax #