Anyone have some medical experience?

So i got fuckin trashed last night and rolled my ankle really hard while stepping down a small ledge into a living room. I immediately fell into a crossed legged position which may have been me sitting right on top of the rolled ankle(not really sure since I was pretty far gone). So now I am held up at home, no working clutch foot, can’t even drive myself somewhere more interesting…anyways my question is, if i can still move my foot and my toes and everything and put some weeight on it, should i be worried about a sprain or break or is it no big deal and i should just keep it iced, elvated, and compressed? thx to any e-docs who can help me out.

Wrap it with an ace bandage. try and stay off it as much as possible. I also soak it in hot water.

probably tough to say. is it swollen? I’m no DR, but I broke my ankle at my bachelor party(lol) and was walking on it all night, and even slightly the next day. however it was swollen to all hell.

I expected it to be a sprain since I could partially walk on it, etc. The DR who looked at the x-ray asked me if I had been walking on it all that time prior to getting the x-ray and when I said yes, he looked at me like I was a nutcase.

It’s probably a good idea to get an x-ray just in case.

lol… why does everyone come onto message boards for medical advise… just go see your dr, or an urgent care center… best bet; safest bet, and you’re going to get the RIGHT answer, not a bunch of do this, do that from joe-blow.

#1, do NOT soak it in hot water. :picard: :picard: :picard:
#2 Only an exam and an x-ray will tell you whether or not you sprained, tore, or broke something.

Go to a doctor.

But if you can’t…

What color are your toes?

Where does it hurt when you move your foot?

Where is the swelling most?

Are you doing anything to control pain / swelling?

Are there any pieces of bone sticking out of your skin?

You probably have a lateral ankle sprain (you pulled the ligaments and tendons on the OUTSIDE of your ankle). Get an ace bandage of some sort and wrap the ankle as tightly as you can without too much discomfort. This is called “compression”, and will help control swelling.

Icing it, of course, will also help reduce swelling, along with numb the area. Make sure you don’t put ice directly contacting the skin. When possible, get a bucket of cold water, put some ice in it, and completely submerge the foot / ankle. Ice is good, but doesn’t have as large as a contact patch as water, of course.

Thigh / hip height elevation is good when you’re sitting down. Just find an ottoman.

Ibuprofen will help the pain and is anti-inflammatory and should help swelling as well.

No hot showers, nothing hot around your ankle for at least 36 hours.

It’s a good thing that you can actually bear some weight, but I’d still seek medical attention as if you don’t heal properly you’ll end up with a very shitty ankle that will sprain itself over and over again in your lifetime.

urgent care

yeah good point i’ll see how it is tomorrow and if there is any swelling then maybe hot the dr

…hot water? lul wat?

You have a build up of embryonic fluid in your ankle, (why its swollen). What you need to do is take a needle or pin, heat it with fire to sterilize it (very important, duh). Take it an insert it in to the ankle to drain the fluid. It may take a while to hit the right spot but you should feel pretty immediate relief. Once you are ok, you should go to a Dr. just to make sure you didn’t have anything else wrong.

good god why, you on nyspeed and not at a doctors office is completely beyond me

:suicide:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS.

PS. I was a Medic for a long while.

PPS. I also have one very shitty ankle that likes to sprain like, every year.

does it hurt when u let a prostitute pee on it? Thats how I am always able to tell…

hot water with epsom salt always worked for me :gotme: but as mentioned above, Im no Doctor either.

Hot is for sprains AFTER 72-96 hours… before that and for broken bones Ice only… 20 minutes on, 20 off; repeat.

well he hasn’t posted again so hopefully he stopped looking here for advice :tup:

RICE you fucking retards, and how is google not quicker than this?

walk it off

pussy…

Also, try some grease on the ball-joint, might be a ripped boot.

You can actually tell if it is broken yourself. Take the Hids from your car and wire them up to an extension cord. Hold the light very close to your ankle and submerge them both in salt water. If you can see a dark blue line through your bones then that is where the brake is. If not you’ll be fine spanky.

:slight_smile:

do you have health insurance?