anyone here a plumber?

yeah, i think ill be calling the landlord tomarrow. i cant find the ventpipe, and i augered/snaked 20’ into the floor pipe…no dice, its better, but not fixed. it HAS to be a clogged vent.

FWIW when my laundry was backing up and flooding my basement, the 50’ auger wasn’t enough. I got a 100 footer and gave her hell and haven’t had a problem since.

Just make your landlord handle the hog. Tell him you won’t pay rent until you can shit in your own place or something.

Do NOT use liquid plumber, draino, or any acids especially if its an older home. It really does not solve the problem it is a temporary fix. It sounds like a root problem which is very common. The only way to do it right would be to call a plumber, or if you know anyone that has the attachments to fix the problem. They have a cable that is similar to a snake, but it has a special cutting bit on the end specifically for this problem. I would call the landlord. He is obligated by law to fix this. I have been called to fix random problems like this in my apartments many times. It is either a root, or someone flushed something down that was not supposed to be there. Do you have lint traps on your washer? Thats a common problem also.

1. Hide cats in bedroom, with all supplies (If it’s one cat I might be able to do something, assuming the cat here doesn’t flip shit)
  2. 3rd roommate is a friend that you invited over, and you were all planning on going out drinking/partying a bit later.
  3. Extra bedroom used to store extra stuff. Put matress against door as a sound deadener.
  4. Pray the cats don’t make any noise, and that the landlord doesn’t take a peek.
  5. We all celebrate later, and test the plumbing job.

When you rent, you don’t give a shit about the house, its not your problem.

Call the landlord, thats your duty, then get them to take care of it.

ok, called landlord and blew up there phone, they are sending a plumber in the morning, thanks guys, and fuzzy, i took ALL of your advise lol