Anyone here work at AutoZone?

:lol: That was really funny for some reason. :rofl:

Mature :tup: Iā€™m sure youā€™re the person who didnā€™t know what a fuel rated o-ring was when I went there a while ago. :bloated:

Itā€™s a rare thing to find an auto parts place that actually employees people who know cars and who are not screen readers. I have one store (Now a carquest; but I still call it Monroe Sealfast) in Brockport that my family has been using for years. Itā€™s the old-school shop with the barstools where you stop in, tell them whatcha need shoot the shit (I mean real car shit, not whatever) and walk out with your part for 2/3rds the price of autozone or advanced.

I walked into advance and asked for a new rearend cover gasket for a GM car 12-bolt; donā€™t have a reference seeing itā€™s a Strange 12-bolt thatā€™s custom for the Firebird. He just looked and asked what car it was forā€¦ after 10 minutes of arguing with him and telling him it was not a stock axle and him saying thereā€™s no way I could put that axle in the car and that it didnā€™t come in that car, I walked out. Drove to Sealfast, walked in, told Jimmy (One of the owners) what I wanted, no car reference, no other questions, just a cover gasket for a GM car 12-bolt; and within a minute he was back upfront with a Felpro gasket that was dead on. No books, no looking it up, no plugging a keyboard, just knowing cars, what parts are whatā€¦ itā€™s a dying style thereā€¦

i like to go to autozone and ask for a radiator for an aircooled car. :slight_smile:

A waterpump for a '69 VW Bettle or any part for a '83 Corvette are both classics to ask forā€¦

YUPE because I donā€™t know anything about cars. You got me! This is coming from an ugly chick that drives a shit ass Monte Carlo. Hey hows your little wooden chair doing? Ya the one you would bring to meets because you were to fucking lazy to stand. To you for being a loser :tup: :tup:

I help some of the other guys at work. As much of you forget its still a retail store. They will hire people that may know a little bit but more along the line of can read a screen. The computer mainly does the work for you but i think its kind of stupid to not hire more people with automotive knowledge. 90% of the people have no automotive schooling that work their or even have hands on automotive knowledge.

LOL I like to call the guys at Advance on Borden and fuck with them.

When do you work?

Ill be there saturday.

Early, Afternoon, or Evening?

:smiley:

or for an 83 corvette!

why would autozone hire someone who knew a lot and was certified and all that? theyā€™d have to pay them way more than they have to pay a kid to look up the kind of oil filter some dudeā€™s gfā€™s focus needs.

thatā€™s not a shot at any auto store employee.

That Dex is one of the reasonā€™s I see. I was hired part time but im a senior sales and their are kids that have been at that store longer that are below me. There is only 1 certified mechanic that works there and that is Adam. Theres another guy that knows his shit but not super fimiliar with imports and shit.

right, you can pay someone with certs $15+ an hour to do for the most part what a kid will do for minimum wage and be happy about it. itā€™s business. people like what are on this forum are a minority. i would imagine your average autozone customer needs replacement bulbs and fluids.

i donā€™t ever have a problem there because i get info from trusted sources and i just go there if they carry the part i need. i tell them and if they ask questions i politely answer and casually decline any arguments. in and out in 5 minutes.

edit: i am sure there are some very knowledgable employees there. the run of the mill employees that i usually run into though donā€™t know too much past routine maintenance though.

Lets say you have a crew of 10 to 15 employees. Reality is you will only get maybe 2 to 4 with actual car knowledge. Most people that come in are ignorant and think they are the best. They get mad when they donā€™t get the question answered or what not. 2 things, first its not a mechanic shop its a retail parts store and second you donā€™t need to be a fucking douche when you are talking to someone that may not know what it is you are looking for. You can simply ask for advice from someone else.

Reminder: IF YOU GO INTO A PARTS STOREā€¦KNOW WHAT FUCKING CAR YOU HAVE. I get so many customers that donā€™t even know what they have. When you state what car you have please remember there are more then 1 model car. For example, ā€œya i got a 94 chevy pick up and i need a fuel pumpā€, well i donā€™t know if you know but chevy made more then 1 style pick up with more then 1 type of motor. So donā€™t get mad when they ask what model and engine you have and you donā€™t know.

Awesome.

Dude sheā€™s gonna come and slap the shit out u. or worse yet, insult your intelagence, watch out.

Ohnoes layzie!

she gonna beat you with her wooden chair!

Youā€™re all fucking morons. I love people that Iā€™ve never met trying to insult me for some fucking reason. Not sure what I did to any of youā€¦ but whatever.

Again, fuck off.

i used to use a shop like that back in LI. the guy could get ANYTHING within a few hours, always had great prices, and they knew their shit. a few times i even did some odd jobs for the dude that ran the place. i wish i could find a reliable auto parts store like that around here.

Dont worry bout it, were all instagators. its fun