Anyone know of a place that buys used tires?

I have a few used tires laying around that I would like to sell instead of try to fit the wrong size on my car. Called around a few places in Braddock and no one seems to want used tires even though they sell them.

Im sure it depends on how much tread is left… if there kind of beat, they won’t take them, because if no one wants to buy them, then the company has to pay to dispose of them. Also… they never usually buy used tires to re-sale, they take the used tires off of a vehicle that they put new tires on and sell the old ones, 100% profit…

when they take the old tires off do they discount the price of them off the install so both parties win

why not just try to sell them in the for sale section?

yeah i thought of doing that and craigslist too. i’ll have to take pics and put them online when i get home after i fix my blown intake manifold gasket…

I totally doubt it… They usually charge you a $1 per tire for disposal fee… they might wave that. Some people are idiots, they get new tires when their old ones will easily pass state inspection. So the tire shop wins… most people dont want to take their old tires with em.

Along this subject, is there anywhere to take old tires that are no longer good for driving? Is there any sort of recycling yard or something?

check your local town’s paper.sometimes boros have a free recyling day or a discount to it’s folks.

Landfills don’t except tires or simply the transportation company will even remove them if spotted in the dumpster.

I’ve taken a few out that where on the top, Plenty of ones on the bottom and i just said fuck it.

Just toss them in the river like most :rofl:

call duke’s tire in the sahtside.