anyone have any local places around to take used tires?

Place i used to bring the carcasses to for a $1a tire was just shut down by the EPA. Are there any places in the area that dont charge an arm and a leg per tire to take them in? Was goung to call around tomorrow but wanted to see if theres a good place to start at. Thanks

what is the name of the place that just got shut down?

i found a local place that said theyd take them for $1 each and forgot the name of it

BCD is the one that got shut down. I found that out by searching for them on Google

FUCK that was it.

The Schenectady xfer station wants $10/pop :rofl :rofl :rofl

Wow that’s a lot! Give Tony’s tires and wheels a call tomorrow and see how much they would want

just dump em in a pond or river or somethin

theyre out of their minds there. I had to pay $25 to dump a mattress and box springs there in the spring.

Just dump them behind a tire shop haha

When I worked at my old job there was a repair shop next door and I would just come in early and dump old tires in the cage where they put their old tires.

Owner was a straight shooter and $1 a tire was a killer deal. EPA came in and more or less said he had to update his equipment and facilities to new standards(whatever the fuck that is for grinding tires up into asphalt material). Was going to cost him over a million dollars to do so. Couldnt justify the expense so he closed his doors.

The funny thing is he said that even though the epa nailed him with those actions against his facility, the state was brining in trailer upon trailer loads of tires from DOT and it probably made up more than 50% of his aggregate in stock. Lol

Im not going to just dump these in the weeds but also not paying $10 a pop to dispose of them. Ill make fucking flowerpots out of them before i pay that

How many you got? And where are you located?

I never understood this, you have to pay $5 a tire when they are new for a disposal fee, right? That’s just for buying the tires, but then they never take them back.

Find an apartment complex and toss them in the dumpster there or cut them up and put them in your garbage bin

Drop them at Nisky Mavis. On the side of the building there is a tire cage

the fee you pay when you buy a new tire is a registration fee, the tires get registered to you when you buy them, so if you try to chuck them in a field and dec finds them they can fine you i think its like 2500 per tire…complete bs

So that would mean that each individual tire has a vin number or some way of tracking that individual tire. I do not believe that to be true.

NYS defines it as a Waste Tire Management Fee. And I was wrong, it’s only $2.50 a tire not $5[FONT=HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman][SIZE=1]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Drop them off here:
http://shift518.com/showthread.php?t=34545

^ I was hoping that was the “junk in pjb’s truck bed” thread.

Also if every tire you bought was registered to you then selling used tires on craigslist or elsewhere would be a big risk.

I was sorely disappointed as well.

each tire does have an id number, even when i worked at harbor freight the cheap chinese trailer tires all have a unique id number on them, and there is a form we would fill out with the purchasers name and address and the id numbers for each tire.

numbers refer to batches, not individual tires
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=172