Anyone know of any places that take scrap cars?

I’m getting rid of my red 240 and I want a scrap yard to come get it. However the front suspension isn’t on and it’s on jack stands. Does anyone know of anybody who will take just a chassis? Or must I put on my front and rear suspension and a set of wheels so that they can take it?

If you guys know anyone, please give me the number. I’m located in Oakville. Thanks!

Standard autowreckers , i’m not sure if their in your area though.

They charge 50$ for removal.

When I was scrapping my parts car chassis, I went through the yellow pages looking for scrap places and the first place I called said they’d take it away and even offered me $10. when they came the car did have wheels but no suspension, I had to put the front suspension on for them to beable to move it and get it on the flat bed.

It seems awful hard to get a car on a flat bed without wheels and suspension, but you can always call around and ask, im sure places have experience that that sort of thing

Naw ive seen flatbeds come and take away cars without wheels. Its going to the wreckers anyways so they just hook it up and drag it on to the bed.

^ yup, they did that with mine… chewed up my driveway pretty good though.

Right very true, I remeber stories of people that have done that and ended up with chewed up driveways like koz said. So if you do that just park it on the street for them to take away, no harm done to your property.

I’m in north york, I had a parts car towed away that was entirely gutted, and only had part of the rear suspension on… springs & donuts

it had no “car” value besides the metal, the only parts I left in it were the rusty doors and a/c… they still took it for free

did I mention I didn’t have the ownership either? heh

pm me for details

I have the same deal. im just taking a sawzall to the chassis and cutting what i need out lol… i might use a friends plasma cutter then once its cut im just gunna take it to a junk yard and dump the rest of it

let me kno what u find fobwall

~ Justin

Talk to Jover, he drives a towtruck (not flatbed) and should be able to get rid of it for you. PM me if you need his number.

yeah jover is a good guy, he tow my car away :), but it had full suspension.

call bo bo he took my car

is he suppose to be a bear?

mark your option in this case since it is on jackstand, try to look for a towing company that may have some sort of hydraulic lift arm if that even exist, like a forklift of some sort :P. that way they won’t leave a nice battle scar on your driveway for you parents to see.

thanks guys… im gonna keep looking, and calling up some companies to see if they can come take my car.