Anyone Know sears exchange policy?

Alright, long story but basicly going back and forth between HDTVs due to defects

A couple of them were some dickwad at sears bringing out my Plasma TV’s wrong, causing the phosphor to be fucked up from the start… other were factory defects that were known

The TV I purchased was about 800 bucks on Saturday on sears site… I just noticed that it is now about $1099 on sears site

Anyways, the other TV i was looking at was only 100 more as of yesterday and i wouldent have minded paying the difference and hoping I wouldent have anymore issues

but is now the same price as my samsung now regardless

If I went to exchange for another brand would they only allow me to exchange for what I paid, or would they possibly be nice and allow me to exchange for a TV of the same listed price

I was tempted to just get my money back and order offline, but buying a Plasma from someplace where I can not in a timely fashion return it just isnt going to work for me.

93 W. Campbell Road Schenectady, NY 12306 - (518) 386-5200
call sears ask for a manager …i belive there is a 10% restocking fee on opened electronics under 30 days with a reciept reguardless but im not sure

Thats where I got my TV’s from, the last 3 TV’s i brougth back had no restocking fees, the guys were actually pretty nice about it too to be hoenst…

who is the manager?

Go to their website. All of the information that you need is under the customer service link at the top of the page.

well it mentions “price matching” its own prices etc… but doesnt say anything about exchanging for an item of the same price even if purchased for a lower one

iee…thats a good ?, its been a while since i worked there, but if you call and ask for Bob (not a manager but a wise gentleman thats been there a while) he would be able to answer any ?'s you would have…then again idk if he works nights…i used to know a bunch of them but not anymore…sry

just talked with a friend of mine shawn…he said as long as you have the original packaging and the recipt there is no restocking fee and its no problem to return it and “swap” it out for the tv of your choice

I understand that, but its more or less of, my tv when i got it on saturday was listed at $799

Now its listed as $1099

I was looking at another TV that as of yesterday was listed at $899 that is now listed at $1049

I am having trouble figuring out if they would let me swap out for a TV of equal value which by sears website would be $1099 or only to what I paid… $799

It’s sears just go there and complain a lot and make a big deal about how upset you are about the whole deal and they will give you almost anything you want. I know from experience I used to work there way back when. They will generally cave on matters of only a few hundred bucks if you start talking like you will never buy anything from them again.

I don’t think you get his question. He wants to return it for the original price, not the sale price he got it for. They will only honor what you paid. Pretty dumb question.

whta the reciept says is what your value of the tv is rated for. You paid $799 so all you will get is $799

Yep missed the point on that one. They definetly won’t give you more then you paid. Unless you want store credit then they would probably exchange it for one of equal or lesser value.

quit returning tvs dumbass.

dude put mine on a stand sideways when i bought mine too, then it went for a bumpy ass ride in my truck, who gives a shit. still works 100%.

You didn’t get “phosphor damage” from the way they handled the TV. The only reason there are handling procedures for plasma TV’s is because of the 2 glass panels inside. If you saw how they were handled before they ever reached the store you would cry.

Im not asking for my money back… so no, not a dumb question. I wouldent exspect to get more than what I paid.

More or less saying if someone bought my TV right now theyd be paying 1099 for it…

I would like to be able to exhchange mine for something in a similar price range and not get something thats 300 dollars less and probably “less” quality

Not true, if the TV is laid flat for a long ammount of time, it causes the phosphor to settle in some odd way, causing a “grainy” effect is the best way to put it… It takes quite a while for them to settle back down… but i was not about to wait for something that was a POS and had black level issues as well

As everyone else said, you will get what you paid for it. Also I’m pretty sure Sears has a 10% restocking fee on stuff bought during the black Friday sale.

I have installed many plasma televisions, I can tell you for experience that it’s complete bullshit. A “long period of time” isn’t a short car ride home, I guess thats all I’m saying, even then the “damage” isn’t damage at all, it’s just temporary ghosting, etc.

Plasma TV’s are not comprised of ultra fragile sorcery and magic as some people might lead you to believe.

Wasnt purchased on black friday

and no there is not restocking fee

I agree a short car ride home its usually fine, but being on its side for any extended period of time (lets just say more than a 20 minutes drive Home) can cause the phosphor to display improperly, and may take quite a bit of time for it to go back to normal.

:facepalm