FS: Brand New Samsung 46" LCD TV

Looking to see if I can get someone to come grab this by tommorow.

Long story, but TV is brand new a day old… I have the box and everything it came with. I planned on returning it to get another plasma.

46" Samsung 1080 LCD TV 120HZ

600 Series

Paid 799 + tax

Asking for 800 even

if not ill just go deal with the BS of returning it

:rofl :rofl :rofl

So it’s brand new but used?

wtf

stfu wayne haha

Shoulda just kept my panasonic i got rid of in the first place to get a newer TV :rofl

2 broken plasmas, and a shitty LCD later…

going back to my samsung plasma i had as it was great except the fact that it got FUCKED with black bars going across it after 4 days

I’m a huge fan of Panasonic Plasmas. Love both that I have.

I hada Panny LCD TV, looked great

I love the Panasonic Plasma I had as well, but floating blacks are a big issue for me, some are lucky and don’t get the floating black issue, but those are few and far between…

If you don’t know what floating blacks are, say your watching content with black bars, and you have a dark scene, the bars look black, as soon as you start watching a lighter scene they turn almost grey

Panasonic calls this a “feature” as when the scenes go dark it dims the display to give deep blacks, but say you have a scene where theres a lot of Light and dark in the same scene, the screen almost flickers as its trying to adjust… Very annoying to me… my eyes are very sensitive to flicker… made me nautious

Anyways I’m not longer fucking around and Ordering a Samsung C6500 Plasma… The 550 I had was great except for it “dieing” after 4 days…

So it’s a shitty LCD… yet you want people to pay what you paid minus tax… Interesting.

Also interesting, you would be better off taking it back if there’s no re-stocking fees as then you’d get your tax back as well.

As far as LCDs go… No its not shitty. It actually has a very good picture, just nothing comapred to the plasma i had before…

Doesnt matter anyways its gone

Lock please

$22

My brother has had a panasonic plasma 42" for the past 4 years and has never had an issue with it so I dont see where this black block death smokingsssideways crap is coming from

Its in the 2009-2010 Plasmas…

Long story sorta Short

Panasonic had an issue with rising black levels, after a few hundred hours sometimes a little more the blacks wold begin to get brighter making a “milky” color…

They fixed this in the late 2009-2010 models, but also arised anothe issues called floating blacks. Panasonic calls this a feature and have stated its here to stay. WHile no real answer from panasonic why it cannot be disabled but most speculate its their “Fix” to the rising black level problem

FOr most its not an issue, for me, it bugs the fuck out of me, if I’m watching a dark shot, and someone comes thru with a light shirt on, or a flashligh the screen starts to “brighten” up a little bit, in the day its not really noticeable but at night when watchign movies its very noticeable and it looks like a “flicker” as the screen constantly adjusts the levels.

Its a problem in all panasonics from the lower end U series, to the S Series to the Higher end G series from this year… I love panasonic plasmas that i’ve worked with, but i also never had a chance to really sit down myself and get some time in not having owned one, and to be honest… Unless I was going to spend the left nut and search high and low to find a new Pioneer Kuro ELite… I think samsungs are amazing.

Was the black refrigerator blinking gray too? Just curious

Shady’s been dippin into sum tabz.

Why would you call it shitty then?