Samsung 440 series 43" plasma BRAND NEW NEVER OPENED!!

brand new in box, still has the plastic on it
comes with stabd, power cable & remote
Tv has usb plug in capablilities to listen to music on

$400

ive never owned a plasma, hows the picture look verse at lcd? doesnt plasma have shitty life span or is that a rumor?

might need to pick this up.

is it 1080?

It’s like anything in this world, the more expensive and better quality something is the more maintenence it requires.

Plasmas are/were known to have the best pictures… I prefer led but alot of people even think plasmas have better pictures then led… Plasmas for SURE tho have better picture then LCD’s.

with OLDER plasmas which obviously this is not they say not to play extensive video games on it as it could burn a whole in the picture but im 99% sure that problem has been fixed…

Im actually only making $50 on this deal as the guy wouldnt let it go for any less and I planned on keeping it for myself as its brand new and my favorite tv brand… Then an led came in and I took that instead lol… Would have been double the price of this though if I was to sell it lol.

is it 1080? dont know if you saw my edit?

it would be used for some gaming.

Without getting into a huge lengthy explanation or a debate

Plasmas generally tend to look better in the right environment. Meaning a room you can control the lighting that can be dimmed down say during the day.

Plasmas tend to have better black level detail, and overall much sharper picture compared to LCD’s. Price v performance v size is usually much better compared to their LCD counterparts but their are drawbacks, Plasmas in bright rooms tend to look a little washed out. They are not the best for gaming, they do have some image retention, meannig that if say you watch CNN for a few hours, you may still see the CNN logo ghosted in the screen for a little while until the plasma cells where that CNN logo was dim back down.

Image burn in is almost impossible on plasmas these days unless you try, for example, my daughter watches sponge bob, its 4:3 content which means their always black bars on the sides, this goes on all day till i get home and has for over a year since I bought this TV… when i first watch full 16:9 content I may see some lines from the 4:3 content but after a little full screen content the dissapear

Viewing angles on plasmas are alo much better, so if you have a living room where people might be sitting off to the sides, then a plasma will still retain its picture detail/brightness even at awkward angles.

IMO and many others… Plasmas overall offer much sharper detail and better picture quality, but they need to be in the right enviroment and the picture quality does come with some short commings

model # is pn43d440a5d

No the 440 series are 720P

thank you for the info.

only thing i would like you touch base on a little more for me if you dont mind is why they are not the best for gaming? like im not hard core or anything just like to get on and play madden and call of duty when i can.

If its casual it may not be an issue, but mainly for the image rentention problems, some plasmas while I cant recall the actual reason/definition for it have input lag, im not quite sure what causes it but some people say they feel “input lag” when gaming on some plasmas, newer ones tend to have a “gaming mode” which supposidly helps with this, as I do not game on my plasma I cant comment on my own experience. I do know a few people who do play say 360 on their plasmas without any issues that they report.

If your not a hardcore screaming in your mic 10 hour a day gamer, its probably would not be an issue.

pm’ed.

thanks again shady.

Anytime

I can’t wait to get back to a plasma. I have a 52" Samsung LCD (1080P). They just don’t compare.

but wouldnt a 1080 lcd be better than a 720 plasma?? lol

Yes and no, not that clear cut and dry… 1080P almost always trumps 720 but again one of those things where screen size, distance and quality of panels comes into play

Love my PN50C8000 :excited

I had like 4-5 tvs last year, 2 of them other plasmas and 3 of them LED/LCD tv’s and none of them compare to this beast