LCD tv's.. tell me if this is good.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsung-40-LCD-HDTV-LN-T4061F/sem/rpsm/oid/174198/catOid/-12867/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

basically 40" lcd. 10,000:1 contrast ratio ect.

I’m going to be playing a lot of video games so I’m staying away from plasma

I can buy this at circuit city for 1,299.

Anyone suggest anything better for around the same price?

I was also looking at an insignia at bestbuy which is a 42" at $999 (lcd but only a 1,000:1 contrast ratio)

yes its a good tv… samsung makes the best LCD panels out there

/thread

if nyspeed has taught you anything about buying tvs. you by the shittiest one then brag about how good it is when it is not

^lol, Nah, I was just wondering if there was anything out there that was better for the price.

too bad you weren’t looking for a Samsung LCD round christmas time u’d save some $$

Nice TV though go for it.

lol, nice I bought a 42inch panasonic plasma for 950 in novemeber well it was on sale for 1099 and an xtra 150 off for using my sears card.

you will have no complaints with that tv. just get a hd tv service dont be that guy

looks like a good tv.

I always look at the response time. 8ms is ok.

Of course head over to highdefforum or avsforum, and search for that perticular model.

there is better for a bit more, but for its price point it is not the worse

Million:1 contrast ratio means shit when there isnt an industry accept method of measurement.

i think samsung LD’s look awesome.

I bought an LG, but I certainly would have bought a samsung also… i’ve liked samsung displays back to their CRT computer monitors.

samsung makes very good stuff, and i’ve heard (but i’m not in the know) that they have some of the better processors, along with LG. if your looking for a decent tv for a good price, i hear that Westinghouse makes good budget tv’s… probably pick up a 42inch for under a grand.

i personally just purchased a mitsubishi LCD tv from a company that is local to buffalo but sells thruogh ebay and overstock.com for a great price and couldn’t be happier with it.

edit… and yea the contrast ratio is kinda irrevelant as someone said. r u sure best buy has the best price on the tv though? i generally find best is a little higher than other places… i mean even like checking out sears and such, they carry all the samsung and such lcds as well… and i think last time i was in there everything was on sale

samsung makes a great product, from tvs i have watched at friends and families houses… looks like a good deal to me.

no and no

If you’re going to buy a cheapo LCD - buy a Vizio.

PS. I don’t know why you are buying a 1080P <42" TV

No need, not to mention cable only comes in at 720p/1080i

Even if you are going Blu-Ray you really won’t notice THAT much of a diff on a smaller screen unless your face is pressed up against it…

^^ agreed on the 1080p part…sometimes you wouldnt be able to tell the difference between that and a 720p depending on the size and how far from the television you will be sitting.

i wouldnt buy a vizio, but tahts just my opinion, i would buy a westinghouse b4 a vizio there pretty much the same price.

66impalass not sure what the “no’s” are for…

So i picked up that tv today, and bought a ps3…it was $100 off with purchase of a tv.

I bought rainbowsix vegas and I can honestly say I am not impressed with the graphics at all.
Maybe it’s just the game…and yes I have the HDMI cable hooked up too.

is the ps3 setup to play at 1080p ? i know i hooked up my xbox 360 to my new tv and was dissapointed, untill i checked and it was still set to display at like 480p …

games that i hear have good graphics:

Devil May Cry 4
Assassins Creed
Burnout Paradise

maybe try renting one of those see if it looks any better…

have you played a Blue ray vid yet?

and why doesnt plasma do good with video games?, please explain where you got this info, as its 100% incorrect.

My friend has the same TV. When it works it looks great. It breaks a lot though. I’m guessing he just got a lemon. It’ll flash green while watching TV or get green bars through the middle of the screen while playing PS3. Samsung has come to his house 3 times to change boards.