anyone tryin to rock no front plate at the moment?

It all comes down to the cop…if you get pulled over for speeding or other stupid shit, they may very well write a ticket for a plate. Otherwise, it may not be in the interest of the office to waste his time on just a plate ticket that will get dropped anyways when you appear in court with a picture of a plate on your vehicle.

u would still have a court date? or arent fix it tix u just show up at the cop shop and show them its on and they just throw out the ticket

No, you would make a court appearance. I have never heard of going to the police station to show them you put the plate on.

im going on 3 years with no front plate. i dont even have it in the window. i got more shit for having it in the window then not having it at all in the frnt

I did it with tints like 6 years ago.

And FYI if you get pulled over by a trooper, there are no fix-it tickets.

I did it last week, twice, it works fine.

Show them the plate within 24 hours (roughly) and then hand the ticket to the court clerk.

Wrong, I got pulled by a trooper, still the same Law applies.

x…

anything that isnt a traffic violation or parking its a fix-it ticket

front plate? what the hell is that?

Wrong, as Xander already stated, I’ve had two fix it tail light tickets from Troopers due to a faulty light on my trailer. Even one trooper who knew what the plate on the 951 meant and sat there chatting about SCCA/PCA with me.

this is true, cops told me before it would be deadly if i ever were to get into a accident

Been driving around 3+ years without a plate and never had an issue :gotme:

3 years got my first one yesterday LOL!

Read post 11 and 12, good info

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32758

O. K.

Well maybe there was some other factors and they didn’t feel like explaining… Either way been twice for me and no fix its. I tried.

i try not to give the Man any reason to pull me over. this involved a front plate when i lived in NY, new exterior bulbs all the way around as soon as i bought any used car, legal tint and no stupid shit hanging from the mirror.

keeping life as easy as possible :tup:

Niagara Falls is the only one I’ve hear of that gives you “no plate-parking tickets” that can’t be disputed. I don’t know how they get away with it, but they do.

X…

buffalo parking bitches give them 2…i got them 3 days in a row over the winter til i zip tied one on

I’m surprised you didn’t get one for that!

And mine were both by troopers on the 190 in Tonawanda. One was for a plate cover, and the other was no plate. Both the trooper and T-wanda told me I couldn’t do fix its. Maybe they were fucking with me. :meh:

Well after reading and posting in this thread I figured I just jinxed myself but I just went by a cheektowaga cop going only 40 in a 35 and he didnt give 2 shits. The days not over yet tho. I see it this way, veteran/1st shift cops hardly give a shit about stupid things such as tints, exhaust, front plates, etc.
2nd and 3rd shift which are mostly rookies-3yr officers might be a whole different story since they are trying to get as much experience under their belt so they will pull you over for just about any reason.

bahaahaha I didn’t even THINK about that :wink: good thing nobody noticed…

4 years no plate on the maro, only got 1 ticket