Anyone work at/for the DMV?

I thought I saw someone on here post that they did. I have a few questions for whomever does.

dmv has been a source of headache for me for years. such a hassle. my past 2 experiences, however, have been great!

went to the new DMV downtown to register my new car. it now has the same style as the burbs, where you get a number and sit down, as opposed to waiting in line forever.

also, I had to get the title replaced for my 328. I replaced a title once, it took 3 or so weeks to come in. This time around, it only took 2 days! paid ~$42 to overnight it, fine by me

Lucky, my problems just keep getting worse and worse I need someone who knows the ins and outs in order for me to get through all the BS.

in short, my truck died, spent 5 months at a shop last year, then was crushed. I killed the insurance when it was crushed but the plates were not turned in until late august. This all was going on in the albany area while I was in Rochester so I didn’t have a hand in it nor really have a good handle as to what was going on.

A few months ago my parents forward me some mail and in it are 3-4 letters from the dmv stating that my truck’s registration and my license are suspended 168 days from the date that I dropped the insurance.

So its been so long I figured I’d just ride it out and pay the fee to get my license back when the time was up… well that time was friday, I go in to figure out what I need to do and how much I need to pay and they tell me this:

although the paper said my suspension was 168 days starting 5/6/09, it actually doesn’t begin until I surrender my actual license… so just when I thought this was all over and done with, now it begins.

FUCK

people who get DWIs at least get a laywer to defend them on their day in court, I can’t even argue with anyone.

To make matters worse I can’t register any of the cars in my garage.

$8 a day. fuckign sucks.

nope, they won’t let you pay “civil penalty” after 90 days.

My brother-inlaw has been through this a few times for chronic insurance lapse. Basically there is nothing you can do but wait it out.

I do, unfortunately i have NOTHING to do with this part of DMV. I would suggest that you deal with albany directly and not a local county office

FYI: i have seen people get out of these by proving the vehicle was NOT on the road