Anyone work for TSA at the Buffalo Airport?

Just curious as to the hiring process? I applied, faxed all my forms in, and pending my background investigation, I’m awaiting some type of online test from my email.

I’ve always been interested in working for security at the airport, so I’m really hoping I get the job.

You seem to be well spoken, have good penmanship and be reasonably intelligent. It’s possible you are overqualified.

My friend went through the whole process, but they had him name 3 choices for airports. He put Buffalo 1, and Tampa and Pitt 2 and 3 cause he has family there. He got called several times for tampa and pitt and never heard a word about BUF.

:lol:

I wouldn’t mind relocating as I believe they pay locality pay to a certain extent. Plus moving outta B-lo is always a plus.

Federal background checks take 4-8 months. I am in the middle of one right now.

ya my former co-worker took 3 interviews in a 1.5 year span during his interview process and he said his backround took forever

They take however long your investigator wants to take. I had mine done and reviewed in just over 2 months.

they started mine in may
it got to the investigator last week
he sent it off for review friday

after a lengthy convo with him, he says it’s the review that takes time. If they are busy, lazy, didn’t have coffee, don’t like that they can’t say your last name, or whatever… it could add time. He also said it could be done with in a week as well.

he said average start to finish is 4-6, but some have taken up to 8. That is for a homeland security job though. It may be different for other positions/branches.

Mine was for DHS as well. I met with my BI and about 3 weeks after he said he was done and sending it in. A little over a month after that someone from personnel called and said the review was completed.

I’ve been in TSU for almost 2 months. Tick tock.

nice

well at least now i have a better idea of how long i’m going to be waiting

You guys are just getting back ground checks?

Not cleared for TS? or anything?

I have just been getting them done for fun. It’s a pretty sweet time… you get all sorts of phone calls from scared neighbors and friends like “WTF is going on? Why is homeland security calling? What did you do now?”

Same deal when I got my US Treasury clearances… It took about 3 months, and they called everybody I know, and verified everything.

Just to move the governments money around, lol.

yea I’ve had a background check down for other jobs and my security guard license, which I’m sure doesn’t mean squat for this job but hopefully it gets done quicker then at least 6 months.

who’s a thunk

you guys spend money like its the 1st of the month :slight_smile:

Your overqualified, i promise.

Obviously you are not.

“You’re” “I”

lol

I was really upset to see you caught this before I did.