AOD- foxbody removal

Whats up guys?

I have a quick question…

Im trying to remove the aod out of a 91 foxbody, im about half way…
starter, fluids, exhaust and linkages have been removed

my question is, torque converter bolts , can i remove those after the tranny is removed or do i have to do it before?

their a pain in the ass with hand tools, and im probably gonna need a 2nd person to hold the crank so it wont move to get proper leverage…

Any advice is good…
:stick:

Elbow grease and a pry bar. take the plugs out if need be.
I did 2 of mine in the 85 I had. simple common tools and patience.

If i remember correct, The TQ bolts are easily accessible.

you can remove the torque converter after the trans is out of the car. or at least you can on a 95

you can leave converter on but you will rip the seal when you do that. you will have to unbolt it at some point anyways i say just fight it now and will make life easier later

sounds like a plan…

THANKS GUYS!

time to lay on my back in a water covered garage:eek3:

ok…

Is it possible for a near stock 5.0l to twist a driveshaft?

i was starting to undo the tc bolts…
and i look back, and notice the driveshaft is completely twisted and bent, sitting on top of the passenger side h-pipe…looks like the splines wouldve been brought about an 1" -2.5"s out of the back of the tranny…

is this possible any other way? like if i twisted the crankshaft the wrong way even if it was in park or neutrol?

Im completely befuddled…

:eek2:

Have you been abusive to your car, 1 of my guys in the past twisted an Astro Van driveshaft, jst beatin on it and being stupid…

its not my mustang…well…not yet… I was gonna buy it and drop it into my 7…

but anyway, yeah, it was beaten to shit and back…i remember one day 2 yrs ago we had a caravan going…My fc, the stang, and my littlest bros sunfire…
needless to say, 90 degree turn…redlight goes green…smoke…mustang is sideways…

But…Driveshaft is out, and aluminum driveshaft courtesy of the coondog, is in place…waiting for a starter and exh gaskets and shelll hopefully move again…:blue:

coondog the meathead that wanted outrageous money for a piece of shit foxbody?

yeah shag, that guy

made me a good deal on the bbk headers and driveshaft…was to hard to pass up…
considering 260 for the ds brand new and 300 for the headers brand new…

holy fuck I have a bridge to sell you !!!
Please don’t tell me you paid cash to that fuckhead

lol, i got everything for 350…