Are all cops corrupt? Or are there good and bad police?

haha, My step-dad is a cop and his dad was a cop, and I spent a good part of my childhood around other cops.

It varies as a person, as well as what they do. The detectives I know could give a fuck it someone flew by them at 95mph, its not their job and they have better things to do.

My step-dad started in boat patrol, then did parks, then detective, thenwas road patrol til they forced him into retirement. Loved road patrol, he would have good days and bad days, sometimes he look for stupid kids being jackasses and bust them, other times he couldnt care less. Was a total racist, not nearly as bad as his father though. All that being said he was the NICEST guy ever, you ever needed help with anything he’d do all he could. He has most definately seen it all and told me most of it, and it is for the most part completely fucked up.

His friends varied to, JC was road patrol then moved the the CS (crime scene) unit. Would hurt a fly til you fucked with him or his partner. I remember a story of a guy running from them and assaulting his partner. So when they catch the guy they hogtie him. After carrying him to the car, they are throwing him into the back seat, “1…2…3” count of “3” they smash his head into the door jamb and drop him face first onto concrete.

There were some total dicks too, fat sloppy bastards that somehow made it through a 2 year college and through the academy. I hated those guys instantly, you can just tell they became cops so they could carry a gun and a self-important attitude. Just itching to let both loose.

so bottom line, they’re human, they just happen to have badges and a gun.