Are Blast Pipes illegal?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/LivinSideways_fc3s/newtips.jpg

illegal? im pretty sure they are but i want to make sure.

Yea I’am pretty sure some one on here already got a ticket for that…

wasnt there a forest green zenki with a blast pipes like that on the news awhile back? lol

yeah but he was pulled over for 50 over if im not mistaken.

It’s definitely not worth it man, you’ll get hassled fo sure.

You’ll get an improper Muffler ticket for sure. expect a lot of harassment from police. unless its stock they can call improper muffler - its all discretionary.

And no, the green zenki wasn’t pulled over for 50 over he was pulled over for a routine blitz and then they confiscated his plates from non working ebrake, improper muffler and worn tires. bullshit charges, no way around it.

sooo badass. But duals on a 240…?

If you can afford an inproper muffler ticket every now and then, do it.

thats off an rx7, not a 240.

and i dont really feel like paying out the ass for improper muffler. maybe ill make some clip on ones or something that can be removed easily.

God, why would you want that kind of attention? Why not just put straight pipes right through your hood/

maybe for 2010 ill do that. or hell, upgrade to DEI…

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/11/dei.jpg

DEI is the shit.

Blastpipes are also the shit.

LOL awesome!

that i would like to see

umm yes illegal… theres a rule in the highway traffic act about exhaust… and the length of the exhaust after it exits the underbody

^ link.

whats the length? ill make em that size

it doesn’t matter, I guarantee you will get pulled over at some point and you’ll get an “improper muffler”

The HTA roughly defines improper but is still pretty vague. I’ve had 2 of them now and another friend had one. The cop will give you a ticket if its loud and they want to. end of story.

if you put any muffler on but stock you’re running the risk of being ticketed. Why not have fun with it?

A cannon is just as obvious as blast pipes.

lol at that video ^^ there goin all out, checking tire treads to battery in the trunk… nice fixed lights on the white s13 tho

link… man google it.