Impound, Illegal muffler.

Well today i was happily awaiting my dad to say my car passed etest. Well when he comes home he doesnt speak, but when he does he tells me the car has been impounded, and got an illegal muffler ticket. At the time the car was at a mechanic and was getting safetied. The mechanic was ordered to take it to a place litteraly 2 mins away to get etested. On his way to the etest shop he got stopped for the exhaust. Now i was wondering how can they stop me for the exhaust? Do they have to do a test? Its a pacesetter exhaust i got with the car when i bought it.

ouch sucks for you… not too sure bout the scenario but u got screwed.

And it was impounded? Something sounds fishy here. There’s gotta be more to this story.

Improper muffler tickets are a regular occurance on here and I’ve never once heard of someone getting their car impounded for it.

A muffler ticket is given to you and simply drive off when you get it. I dont know where impounding your vehicle came from. more info?

what was it impounded for noise polution or something along those lines? If so did they take an actualy Dpb reading? WIth out that they will have a very slim case if you fight it. A little more information is need on it. I know a cop came to my house when i first got my car because i got called in for noise. The car was sitting in my driveway and he wanted me to start it but i did not. He told me he would come back and get a dbp reading one morning. He never showed up.

Anyways if it is on noise and there is no reason fight it. Especially if it passes e test and everything.

Again the story is kind of vauge and you need more information on it being impound.

No, sorry i forgot that it had a 10-day, and didnt have license plates, when the mechanic was driving it.

and i didnt get a noise pollution ticket, i got a illegal muffler ticket, thats what it says.

And i know why it got impounded, but i dont understand why i got a illegal muffler ticket. It seems to be pacesetter tips, anyway.

Illegal muffler tickets are as common here as lame comments from Fobwall… They’re a quick money grab, and easy to distribute by the fuzz. Don’t sweat that, and if your 10-day was valid, that shouldn’t matter either.

So what should i do? change the muffler, or ?

Just pay the fine and move on with life. Don’t worry about changing your muffler, unless you find you’re getting a lot of them and don’t want to deal with it. It’s not a moving violation, so it doesn’t affect your insurance.

haha

no you keep stepping around why you said the car was impounded?
i have had 3 exhaust tickets, the first one i just took a pic of another 240 with a stock exhaust and it was dropped, second i payed, third i forgot to pay and got a thing in the mail to pay it, you have a after market exhaust your gunna get tickets…especially in my case with a huge can LOL! bu twhat can you do
now why did this thing get impounded?

OH BY THE WAY. seeing as YOU HAVE A 10 DAY TRIP PERMIT ON YOUR CAR…
take it to court. tell them the 10 day was to get teh exhaust fixed, say your a kid, insurance is high, money is low, and part time work barley gets ends meat…
but i still wanna know why it was impounded…

Usually they just give you a ticket for unnecessary noise. That’s what happend to me and then I fought it off in court.

had to have been the mechanic didn’t have his license on him and they towed it as a matter of precaution incase it was stolen…

of course not being the owner he couldn’t do anything, besides you don’t even know if it was just some kid at the shop driving it…

Do not remove your exhust!!!, just buy an oem exhust take the bill into court and they will drop it.

Because your N/A. Next time if your in the car just act like you know shit about cars because all they do is try testing you to see if your stupid enough to let them give you a dumb improper muffler ticket…trust me it works. Unless you have a straight pipe instead of cat and no resonator your exhaust is fine.

sounds almost like the mechanic got the car taken away for driving like an idiot and told you that it was for noise.

I didn’t think the car could be impounded for being too loud, especially if it had a 10 day permit. For all they know you could have been driving it to the shop to get that exhaust fixed.

I smell something fishy, investigate further.

i have the same exhuast its not illegal

Well no, the guy didnt have the ownership it was with us. He didnt have a drivers license at him it was at his shop in his wallet, he is a previous felon. Maybe thats why. HE GOT 6 FUKN TICKETS. They held him for 3hrs 3HRS. 10:00pm-1:00am.