Unecessary Noise - Woo

Okay - first ticket of my lifetime. I was driving home about 20 minutes ago in my DD Integra, It’s a g2 - 1990. I got this thing maybe 2 weeks ago and it has a rather large exhaust on it. Now It isn’t loud, a tiny when I go over 3000 rpm in first but thats about it. Its more deep and rumbley.

Anyway Im leaving work at 12 and I see a cop start tailing me so I cautiously start driving, get to a read light and as soon as I step on the gas.

Fucken Red lights flashing.

I was like wtf.

Big fucken rigid cop comes over - so rigid he couldnt turn over to whipe his own ass walks over and starts giving me lip.

“Your car is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too loud and it smells, liscence and registration please”

I give him my shit and he walks away, I asked him what my car smells like, cause Its running a bit rich and he says “It smells like its broken” and proceeds to sit for 10 mintues.

Comes back to my car and litterally throws the ticket, my liscence, and my insurances papers into my car and says “You get a $110 fine” and I asked why is it is unessessary noise - had I gotten the ticket if my system was up? He told me that my exhaust is too loud for a 4cyl car and that its the law to have a stock muffler.

I stated that the exhaust is legal - hell the damn thing has a silencer - he told me that all “guys like you” say that. I told him he’s profiling me for some racer. I just bough the car cert and all. Don’t they look at that?

Anyway - I am a student and can barely afford my insurance should I fight the ticket? I understand the Traffic Act 75(4) is

“A person having the control or charge of a motor vehicle shall not sound any bell, horn or other signalling device so as to make an unreasonable noise, and a driver of any motor vehicle shall not permit any unreasonable amount of smoke to escape from the motor vehicle, nor shall the driver at any time cause the motor vehicle to make any unnecessary noise, but this subsection does not apply to a motor vehicle of a municipal fire department while proceeding to a fire or answering a fire alarm call. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (4).”

This has nothing to due with the muffler - but since this is cops discretion - am I screwed?

Worst thing is a druuunk native was stadning on the side of the road harrassing people, they didn’t do anyting either!

fight it ivve gottent hat before and i won it u need help pm me

if you fight it the worst that can happen is that you lose and still have to pay the ticket… so always fight your tickets lol … p.s just change your muffler for a week or something, when you take it to court, say you boutht the car like that cert and e tested, didnt know it was 2 loud, say youve changed it since, and can i please not have this on my reccord. the judge will belive you if you have any proof of purchase of the car, date of the ticket, etc, you have a pretty easy job gettin out of this one… so just make sure you bring it all to the table, act mature of course, and just tell them strait up lol

add that your a student, fuck go in school clothes if you have any, tell them you cant afford high insurance for such a dumb ticket, blah blah say you exhaust is changed and you will never get this ticket again.

boohoo another exhaust ticket.

fight it, pay it… up to you.

no points and 110 bucks.

who cares

GT