Fighting a muffler ticket

Sup Crew

I got a first attendance in a little while later on today for a muffler ticket I rec’ved back in April.

Any suggestions on what I can say to have it thrown out or reduced?

It’s pretty black and white, on the date mentioned, you operated a motor vehicle with an improper exhaust. I doubt you will get it dropped, because you can’t really argue that you didn’t do it - you did. Even if you get it fixed, I doubt it would get dropped. Unless the courts in your area are more “user friendly” than the ones out here.

Go in there and tell the prosecutor that you don’t want to waste the courts time, and that you wish to plea guilty. See what he/she will do for you. Probably a suspended sentance. Just argue that you’re a student, etc etc.

theres been numerous discussions in the past about “improper mufflers” and from my understanding, in their books, an improper muffler they refer to as a straight through muffler, and a cherry bomb.

How are our round mufflers illegal?

as long as its muffled there is no difference, just because its round and larger, how does that make it illegal?

they can get you for noise but illegal muffler? thats BS

does a “he didn’t take a Decibel reading test” rebuttal work?

“Hollywood” categorization (meaning straight through design with no inner baffles)

thats what I found, ive read this before and from this statement, my muffler is anything BUT illegal.

now unless yore sporting a straight through muffler you have no chance.

I dont think so because a ticket for a loud muffler is up to the officer’s discretion. Its in his power to state wheather your muffler is too loud or not.

http://forums.vitalmotion.net/showthread.php?t=13968

read this post. might be very usefull

I dont think so because a ticket for a loud muffler is up to the officer’s discretion. Its in his power to state wheather your muffler is too loud or not.[/quote]

I always found this funny^ I mean, what if you brought a soundclip/dB reading/videoclip reading for;

your car
SRT-4
SRT-10
corvette
Mustang
350Z
GSXR
Harley (with factory mufflers)

along with signed statements from the dealerships that witnessed your testing

and from this were able to prove that your car is quieter than certain factory vehicles, wouldn’t it have to be tossed?

and what type of exhuast are you using?

Well you’d thing it would get tossed wouldn’t you, but we all know the younger generation gets these tickets just cause the cop wants to.

thats why if you read the above link, you should have enough evidence in there to get off this kind of ticket no problem every time !!

just write that shit down, take it to court and present your case.

In that write up you’ll notice the exact argument S13GG just brought up.

its all up to you now, and how good your law skills are lol

I think if anyone ever pays this ticket without a fight, is a fucking moron (unless $110 is shit all to you)

on a side note, personally, If I ever won this case in court I would ask the gudge for some written documentation for future reference, just so that if i ever got pulled over for this reason again, I could stick it to the cop