are kei office coilovers good?

im debating on buying them…

pros and cons…

just because they are developed by the drift king doesnt make them jdm tyte.
lol

Who wants coilovers made in an office? :stuck_out_tongue:
On the other hand, Takumi wears a Stance shirt, so it’s clear where his money is.
Hehe, pardon the lack of constructive input, but I don’t know too much about these coils. Depending on what my budget was, I’d get either Stance (cheapest), JIC FLT-A2 (mid), Moton (crazy all out track balerness)

Think about rebuild cost and turnaround times. Can you get them rebuilt here or would you need to ship them back to J-land? It would suck if you blew a damper and had to send them back overseas for service…It would cost an arm and a leg not to mention sideline your car for a long time.

At least with Stance you can readily and “cheaply” get replacement parts when needed.

thats true thanks for the imput

FIrst, they are discontinued and the rebuild center in Japan closed down. Second, don’t buy them used because the rears will be blown, they blew on mine and on many others that I’ve seen on forums across NA. Third…nah that’s it.

im thinking stance coilovers… hey jonathan how do u like them

I love the Stances except for the seized upper mounts, they are sending me replacements soon under warranty. Once that is fixed, I looove them. The price is right, they are fully rebuildable and you can order any single piece and they are right here in North America, you can call them up, I think that gives them a huge advantage over Jap based companies.

^^ i concur

waiting on my upper mounts as well

tein superdrift > life?

your upper mounts are not siezed…

pick up some bearng grease and lube the snot out of the top threaded lug / nut. Do the same with the top and bottoms of the springs.

i had that issue at first, but all gone now… and i thought that i had seized that nut at the top because i torqued it on pretty hard… nope, it’s fine.

but yes… serviceability is key… Booo Kei Office.

Considering the regional market, if you are on a tight budget get megan’s… if you want something a bit better for a bit more $$$, get Stance…

they are seized.

stance even admits to this and will accept all seized mounts. all the backorders and shit, made them rush things and change the design of their upper mounts. used to be 1 full circle, not its 2/3s circle.

lithium grease, preload, no preload, switchin springs, tightening nut all that jazz does no good. tons of ppl have this problem on zilvia and have experimented everything.

you should be able to move them when they are out of the box, from what stance told me when i called.

when i tried, they were rock solid.

waiting for mounts to ship out. should be this week i think.

orly…

k, maybe my situation was just more fortunate… because i had that issue off thebat, but was able to remedy. I just figured most people are afraid to rip their coils apart…i does it with me eyes closed now.

im getting stance

a friend of mine had his upper mounts start to make alot of noise, lubbed em up with 3 in one lube and they have been fine. they were megan coilovers. i also have megan coilovers now on my car for about 4months with no problems what so ever.