are the sr and ka trannys the EXACT SAME??

like the tittle says… is there any reason y i cant put one on my sr redtop?? :?

No reason you cannot. Just swap the SR bell housing onto the KA tranny and you’re set.

He is correct. You have to remove the SR bellhousing and do the same with the KA bellhousing. Then simply (I shouldnt say that as its a bit of work, not oo hard but cumbersome) swap the tranny onto the SR housing and you are good to go.

You can find a step by step on other sites if you want to know how to do it exactly.

Only main differences is that a KA has a 4th and 5th Gear Sensor (where as an SR does not) so you’ll have 2 plugs hanging which will be useless. And then the Reverse Gearing is totally different… 1st - 5th Gearing is all the same thou

So as mentioned… you just swap out the Bell Housings and your good to go :wink:

just to state the obvious for Nick,

no you cant just stick a KA tranny into the SR…you have to put the SR belhousing onto the KA tranny…

Ka trannies are identical to L24,26,28 and FJ20. in bolt pattern. there’s a bit of a clearnece issue when tring to mate it with the FJ but it’s not bad.

There are two different stiles of tranny as well, the ones we have in 240s have internal shifters, where older ones have one that sits kind of outside, andthe shifter itself doesn’t really come off very well, nor is it really interchangable. I think 240 ones are C class, and the older ones are B class… I dunno I could be making something up.

But The actually transmission part of the tranny is the same. just need different bell housings as above.

It’s good for me, becaue I have a few KA trannies and and 4 speed L28 that need a 5 speed KA tranny ^___^ swappy swappy !

are the sr trannies better then the ka ones?? would this be a useful advantage??

whats that! supposed to mean…BING…??? :stickpoke:

THANKS GUYS

are the sr trannies better then the ka ones?? would this be a useful advantage??

No, they are exactly the same just a different bell housing, unless you get your hands on a 6 spd S15 one which is actually a weaker tranny and will take far less abuse than the 5 spd.

They are plenty strong for anything that ayone here will throw at it.

not sure about that. im in the middle of putting my third tranny in now.

not sure about that. im in the middle of putting my third tranny in now.

What tranny are you running? KA or SR?

I had my S13 SR installed using my old KA tranny, like they stated above the bellhousing and a few plugs to deal with for the install.

sr tranny

^^^^

Stop buying used trannies.

Japanese dudes beat on their cars too remember?

will the z32 tranmission fit inside an ka24de bell housing?

sr trannies are better because they are jdm :mamoru:

lol yea bing is right

Just a quick question while this thread is up. I have a ca18 tranny with a ka bell housing that i’m going to be installing next spring. Will the sensors match up? My guess is that they would being the tranny is for the chassis, rather than the motor.