Are these ecu's compatible??

Ok so my number 62 ecu part number 23710-50f00 is corroded and fried, I can find a e5 ecu part number 23710-50f05, I have a sr20det s13 blacktop stock, are these ecu’s the “same” can I use the e5 on my motor?? Any help wanna drive my car lol

i looked into this just recently because of a problem i’m having, and you can swap ecu’s. a redtop sr20det will run with a e5 ecu (blacktop sr20det), and a blacktop sr20det will run with a 62 ecu (redtop sr20det). BUT, your o2 sensor needs to be the one meant for the ecu though, or your o2 readings will not always be proper. a redtop #62 ecu needs a skinny o2 sensor, and a blacktop e5 ecu needs a fat o2 sensor.

if your motor is a blacktop for sure, then you should have an e5 ecu for it anyways. just make sure your o2 sensor is the larger type.

hope that helped your dilema. cheers.

You’ll need a redtop harness to work with a 62/e5 ecu if you have a 97/98 (Type X) blacktop that has the J4, that ecu works exclusively for those motors. Those are the only Ecu’s S13 wise that don’t work with the earlier blacktops and redtops.

The thin type o2 sensor will work, if your running a redtop harness + ecu, not clear on e5.

Ok thanx alot guys, I did more research myself and found pretty much what u guys are saying, my car ran fine with the 62 not sure what type o2 I have but I know I have an extra one might be fat iunno hafto check, and it’s in fact a blacktop not a blacktop x, And I did run kinda rich with the 62 so I prolly Have a fatty o2 anyone have an ecu 62 or e5 for sale?