Are used Porsche Cayenne's cool at all?

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/Cayenne/Vaughan/ON/5_60106831_20201208215312586/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=dsp&utm_campaign=O-2022-DSP-EN-PV-Prospecting-DABA-AIA-LEAD-GEN&fbclid=IwAR0Nnyyvu3Lpt5J4vwOighalq7iDLurPeXB43Ul49nDQaFGeLIyc-piuFzw

i mean, i see these things basically being given away. One of our techs in Ottawa literally bought one for like $3k. it was a bit of a bucket though.

but seriously, Porsche makes a solid car. are these things worth looking at at all?

I mean, for the price of a 10 year old Ford Edge you get a 15 year old Porsche SUV that must have some redeeming qualities?!?!

You spelled VW Touareg wrong :wink:

I mean theyā€™ll get you around

The V8 is nice. But a used Porsche, despite being a VAG product, canā€™t be cheap to maintain.

As I search for a used 987.2 Cayman to buy this spring :joy:

well, i have turoā€™d a current spec BMW X5M Comp twice in the last couple months and iā€™m now warm to sporty SUVs but $150k (CDN) for an SUV that really isnt THAT fun to drive is retarded.

also, if youā€™re taking this to a regular shop, like an M car, you will get raped. but if there are specialty shops out there for the troublesome stuff then its not bad.

Just thought iā€™d start a car thread thats all :slight_smile:

thatā€™s basically $25k USDā€¦ cant that be cool and reasonable to own for a while?

100k mile 10 year old luxury suv? Sounds like money pit to me. The reason these ā€œultra SUVā€™sā€ lose 75% or more in value is because everyone is terrified of the maintenance, and with good reason.

had a friend recently buy a 10+ year old Bentley contenental GT that the used daler had just put $10k in maintenance in to. He got it for a steal. will have to check in with him now that itā€™s been almost a year with it.

again i think the trick is to know a good specialty shop to do some of the maintenance.

i can barely tell the difference between a $200k Cayenne and a $40k Cayenne on the street.

1 Like

You do you. Me Iā€™d much rather drop $30k on a 2020 Acura MDX with 23k miles than try to be baller on a budget with some Porsche/Bentley thatā€™s a hiccup away from being mechanically totalled.

1 Like

yeah i like hte MDX stuff too. New Pathfinders are also above mid.

A buddy of mine bought one on the cheap. VR6 ones are just a Toureg which is pretty simple to work on if youā€™re used to VW. Hes doing VR 3.4/3.6 swaps all the time so nbd.

I put a bout 1k miles driving one all over southern cali a couple years ago, was a fun little truck. Even did 32 miles off road through Death Valley on Harry wade road

1 Like

I have all the latest bmw software and VAG software to do any and all diagnostics. @drvnkd sees all the work I do on gram. I do it as a side hustle so my prices are low. So if anyone is buying a German vehicle and worried about servicing it, Iā€™m here to help.

7 Likes

Maybe a new plate is in orderā€¦ Too bad VAG-DOC is taken
Surely it would never be misread

2 Likes

Lmfaooooo

2012 bmw x5mā€¦ are these interesting at all?

I could have anything complicated sorted by the shops that do my e90 m3

Itā€™s a good looking ride with balls

Only downside is that if it breaks itā€™s expensive but you stated you can handle that.

Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s a good deal Iā€™m not familiar with them.

Lotā€™s of threads on reddit about them, hereā€™s the top snippet lol

As long as the injectors have been replaced with the latest -12 units. The fuel system issues are fixed. Plug and coils being recently replaced is a nice bonus also. PCV lines sometimes come up as they crank and youā€™ll get evap codes. Other than that they are decent. Technology can be updated to more recent stuff.

Thread hijack: did Porsche make tanks?

Porsche and BMW supported the Nazis.

i have had like 15 exchanges with folks on the 'are used cayennes or BMW X5ā€™s interesting?" in the last few weeks.

There are clean X5mā€™s for like $20k CDN up hereā€¦

or this?

i mean really? how much more car do you really want for $20k?!?

this is basically the SUV version of my E9X M3ā€¦