Are you happy with your car/project?

I’m finally at the point where I’d like to sell this car but I know I can’t get rid of the stupid thing for any reasonable amount of money. So now I’m like screw it, I might as well have fun with a car I actually have instead of planning for something I don’t

the most regret i have is that this is my 5th 3rd gen f body and that i put alot of money into my 84 camaro and ended up selling and swearing off anymore 3rd gens just to end up with this 88 camaro that i keep putting money into. what really drives me up the wall is ive bought soooo many sets of wheels and never kept them and ended up selling them on the cars. the one great thing about my 88 is i now own a garage and a basement to store parts and keep the car out of the weather. i now dont have to wait for a nice day to work on my car. i also have an impala as a daily driver so im not in a great hurry to get my car finished . having a daily driver and a project is nice.

i havent done much to either, but I guess so

Nope,i think i might go burn it today…anybody got marshmellows?

^^ just do what all gtp owners do… cave in and buy a fbody!

BTW,i pissed on ur back wheel att he shop last night…

hrrmmm I wish you were marking your territory… for once in a while you would of owned something fast… but chances are not going to happen.

Yup,casue we all know how “fast” ur Mr2 is going to be:bowrofl:

^^ faster than yours!

Not happy because I have no money to do any true mod’s right now.
Happy because I can beat the piss out of the thing and it won’t die.

there are alot of threads about what mods you plan to do this year etc but i was just wondering if you look back on what youve done so far, are you happy with it? would you have gone the same route if you had to do it again?

good question…if i could start from scratch? my first mod was a flowmaster exhaust…i would have went with mufflex 3.5" or a custom setup like i’m running now…or GMMG like.
The suspension setup i am running is nice…i do like it. i might have wanted another 1/2inch more lowering in the rear tho. spring rates seem fine but i would have done front end rebuild kit with all new bushings and such to get the steering feel back to normal…still havent done that yet

should have done subframe connectors first or around the same time as the springs/shocks

should have fixed the oil leak when it started instead of lettin it go for a YEAR+months and lettin the car get that nasty underneath… i still have some cleaning to do but it aint bad like it used to be. kinda clean under there

I should have tried to get a T5 or T56 swapped in when the trans blew. i was saving for it but it happend out of the blue one day. only had 1500 bucks so i bought a rebuild for 450hp and a Edge converter…i love the auto with stall but wish i had a manual.

Should have NEVER upgraded to 3.27 gears…should have went straight to a 4th gen rear or something…i bought a used 3 series carrier and it lasted for bout a year… 10 bolts would have been cheaper to use and more parts just in case it ever did break.

Should have bought slicks earlier in life instead of just this year.

I should have saved money from the torque arm and used that to convert over to HSR or LT1 intake. And to think of it… i should have just bought an LT1 motor with a mild cam, just never had the money for it at the time. Lots of stuff i could have done right or differently but i cant really complain

I’m very happy with how the car performs for what it is… i was workin on a extreme budget and still am. I did easy bolt ons (suspension) since i was new to workin on cars at the time. Still learning.

im back into the game. hopefully this statement is no longer true

good to hear. my ws6 sittin for awhile now has made me realize how much i love that thing. i still wont have much money to do much to it this year but ive done quite a bit up to this point, so im just gonna try to enjoy it.

If I could just sell 5-6 extra projects I have laying around and create one single car, that would be so much easier and cost efficient :hsdance:

I regret ever putting lowering springs on stock shocks. I am currently paying for that with living in the city. So tax season coilovers it is. I really wish I would have spent money on a real exhaust instead of this downpipe with cutout. I have a feeling after I put the stock one back on for inspection im going to sell it and get 1st try to put one together for me. Other then that i dont have shit for mods on my car. I wish i just had some extra money to spend on it.

I regret ever even trying to mod a honda when i was younger. All the ones I ever picked up rusted out or I wrecked them.

I don’t regret my Mustang I just regret buying one with no cash to put in it till I get out of school it deserves better haha.

Well, looking back on the past 2 yrs of my project ( which went bad for about 10 of those months ) I can truely say I don’t reget doing what I did…I do regret being naive though.

I proved alot of people wrong in the beginning…and I can say I am glad I did.
I like my car overall…it has lots of potential in my eyes. Of course my misfortunes sent me back when I could have gotten ahead ( there was a lot of time wasted when my swap was first started. )

My current setup I am okay with…BUT okay is where it ends! over the next 2 summers I intend on building my car complete from ground up! This swap will be gone sooner or later…in between that time I will be focusing on the end result…and working up to that point only. Bottom line I love my car and overall satisfied with what I have acheived to WHAT I WILL ACHEIVE in the near future.

One small thing to add that I have learned through the past year: I have completely broke myself ( money wise --all cash no credit )… as fun as it was to do so ( like many of us do ) I have realized that for me that isn’t the best way to go about it. I am going to take my time for the most part and be realistic with still doing what I love.

I think that’s where most of us end up sooner or later.

I always think that… then more stuff appears in my room

haha…“…oops, my mouse must have clicked itself again…”