Are you OCD about your car?

Are you guys all OCD about your cars too? It is getting to the point that I don’t even like to leave my car in a parking lot for more than like 5 minutes. I had to drop my car off at Rohrich today to have an oil change (the first oil change is free, otherwise I would not take it to the dealer). I actually took the car at 7 this morning and took time stamped digital pictures on my camera to show that there is no damage to the car so that I can prove it if the car is not in perfect condition when they are done. I also left them a note asking them not to detail it when they are done because I don’t let anyone else touch my car. Is this a little over the top? or are you guys the same way?

NO

cause my car is always in pieces to go anywhere

I sure am, plenty of people could attest to that

its a car and it’s fully insured. :gives:

I’m not that bad, and I seem to worry less each year. However, I did tell the dealer not to detail the '05 GTP when we bought it. I’m sure the guys in Prep didn’t mind!

Well I have a $500 deductable on my insurance, and I don’t really want to have to pay it, so if I can avoid damage to my car by myself or anyone else, I will.

Well i like to park away from all other cars even if its a long walk to avoid door dings.

get a beater then

Dont have anywhere to keep one. Already have two cars and we only have a one car garage and a two car driveway. It sucks enough to have to move one car to pull the other one out, I can’t imagine having a third. Maybe when we get a bigger house with a larger garage/driveway.

I do the same. I find end-spots and then straddle the line a little bit. I am not the ignorant SOB who takes up two spots in the middle of the parking lot though.

I’m very anal about keeping my car clean,free of dents etc. I guess thats y its best to stay away from dealers or u can learn to do stuff yourself. You can always find a mechanic or place u trust with a good rep and go from there. I’ve only had to take my stang to one place and the guy couldnt even shut the hood.:bash:

JBH you have an exotic or something? USED to be OCD about rust on my older cars…now smoke in my newer cars LOL

Sounds like you got three spaces, therefore 3 vehicles can fit. If you are OCD, then it’s worth the effort to not have your car damaged.

Beaters rule. As long as I had my truck (almost 17 yrs), I’ve always had a beater.

im ocd also. i wash it 3 times a week, vacuum it every day, park at the very end of any mall/store, detail my engine bay every oil change, i know its a sentra, but its mine, and its my money that pays for it, so i take real good care of it.

yeah i have OCD with my cars. I beat the living god out of the 240 and clean it at least once a month. The jetta gets cleaned 3 times a year, and i drive the shit out of it. I am obsessed at using my cars. They are a simple tool that can be rebuit or replaced at any time. I am cautious to try not to damage my stuff, but at the same time… shit happens!

I was all about washing and hand waxing my car until I wrecked it. Now it hasn’t been washed all summer and I don’t give a fuck.

I wouldn’t say I had a medical disorder over it.

i know your 240 is nice, if you ever have time, you should drive up to philly. they have a 240 club that comes to my restaurant at least once a month, there is red one that is amazing. i only talk to the guys when there inside, but the owner of the red one claims he is pushing 500hp…

I don’t mesh well with the majority of 240 owners. I am not a driftR so I am not in the right crowed.

I used to wash my Thunderbird once a week, wax every two weeks religiously, even in winter time. I think that was just before I had real shit to do throughout the week. Now I just clean my car when it gets unbearable, which still works out to being once a week, but I wax it maybe every other month or something.

I am OCD about my cars but don’t give a shit about my company car.
Audi thinks it’s some great thing, too, to clean your car for you any time you bring it in. They could never figure out why I told them not to do that. Now that my car wouldn’t be accepted for any warranty problems, due to all the mods on the car, I don’t even go to the dealer for anything anymore anyhow.
I’m of the belief that every part of the car should be washed when I clean it. A clean car is a happy car, or some bullshit like that…

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/10607BBK1-med.jpg

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/10607Bay_006_600_x_447_.jpg

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/10607bay_001_905_x_458-med.jpg